Technical Product Manager
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
OpsLevel is the leading internal developer portal designed to help engineering teams build, ship, and maintain software better than ever. We believe that developer portals are the linchpin to a successful developer experience. With customers like Duolingo, Sotheby's, Keller Williams, and Convoy, we know that the best businesses in the world prioritize a great developer experience in order to beat the competition.
We're a team of folks who care deeply about the daily lives of developers. OpsLevelers live our company values on a daily basis and when we’re not heads-down on a project or collaborating in real-time over Zoom, we're competing in trivia over lunch or sharing the latest fur baby photo in #pets-to-make-you-live-longer.
Our culture and values are very important and ground us in how we interact as one team:
Empathy - Think of others; think of your users
Growth Mindset - Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
Intellectual Honesty - The best solution is more important than anyone's ego
Focus & Efficiency - Keep the main thing the main thing
About the Role
Ideally, you have past experience shipping code in some capacity, either as a platform engineer or software developer. You don’t have to be an expert, but you’ve built up your craft in one or more areas around infrastructure, cloud, performance/scalability, CI/CD, observability, security/compliance, dev tooling and/or API design.
In this role, you’ll talk to customers, prioritize their problems, and work with engineers and designers to execute on simple and delightful solutions to those problems.
We’re biasing more towards finding technical individuals who can grow quickly and command the responsibilities of a PM.
What We're Looking for
- Learn about Platform Engineering and Developer Experience and leverage that knowledge to build great product.
- Routinely interact with our customers to identify their needs through interviews/feedback, data analysis, research, and attending sales / CS calls. Translate these customer needs into business cases, features, product requirements, and roadmaps.
- You will manage multiple parallel projects and iterations alongside design and engineering, and ensure the delivery of feature releases that drive our core business.
- While working with our engineering and design teams, you can make tradeoffs between scope and user experience. You can apply intellectual honesty and clearly articulate your reasoning behind decisions.
- Work with marketing, sales, and customer success teams to launch new features to our customers and get more value in their hands.
- You care about developer experience and how to make developers happy and productive. The art of crafting developer tooling isn't just a job to you; it's a calling.
- Ideally, you have some background in or around platform engineering or software development. You don’t have to fling Terraform all day long, but your background equips you to solve cross-cutting problems in engineering organizations. You aim to provide leverage for engineering teams.
- You have strong opinions on the term “Platform as a Product”.
- You communicate clearly and retain strong written communication skills.
- You learn quickly. When you encounter a new situation, you are naturally curious, driven to learn, and unafraid to ask for help. Finally, you get sh*t done. You are a master at prioritization.
- You have experience at a startup / SaaS companies
- You’re comfortable with SQL or data analysis tools
- Experience with the end-to-end product lifecycle, from feature launch to end-of-life
We offer market-leading compensation, including equity, based on the skill set and aptitude of the candidate.
"Should I apply?" - Yes!
If you meet some or most of what we're looking for, we want to hear from you, and if you’re unsure - apply anyways!
What do I need to interview with OpsLevel?
Not much! A working web camera, microphone, and (ideally) a quiet place with minimal background noise.
We are building an inclusive and welcoming workplace where employees feel appreciated, valued and free to be who they are regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
OpsLevel is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.