Director of Finance and Accounting
OneLocal provides SaaS solutions to small and medium businesses (SMBs) across the world. We offer our clients a broad range of digital marketing solution products that are impactful on their own, but even better together. We aim to be the perfect solutions partner by bringing together the right mix of technologies and local marketing expertise.
As the Director of Accounting and Finance, you would be responsible for all things related to accounting and finance. This includes financial planning and analysis, budgeting, revenue operations, accounting controls, and business intelligence. The scope of the role includes leading strategic planning as well as annual, quarterly, and monthly forecasts. It also includes driving analytics that highlight and solve complex business situations. Our business is growing quickly and becoming more complex - this role is critical to that success, leading a team that identifies opportunities to drive efficiency, flexibility and scale in our operations. The individual in this role will need to be able to move easily between big picture and strategic thinking and operational problem solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about being part of a fast-growing tech company.
In This Role, You Would
- Lead, mentor, and develop a results-oriented the accounting and finance team that drives financial performance / productivity and acts as an information service provider ensuring appropriate leadership and guidance is provided to various stakeholders
- Collaborate with teams across the company to understand existing and emerging business strategies that impact area of focus
- Develop accurate annual, quarterly, and monthly forecasts
- Manage, track and report financial performance against financial plans for operational KPIs and quantify financial risks and opportunities to the business
- Lead the presentation of financial and operating metrics with the executive team on a monthly/weekly basis and with the board on a quarterly basis
- Develop and advise business on capital expense ROI models to inform project profitability
- Lead the monitoring and oversight of the internal control processes, completing and coordinating financial audits with external auditors, and completing working papers for tax preparation
- Lead structuring projects as needed to provide analytical and decision support on new initiatives
- Build tools and oversee processes in support of all the above
- Built the BI function
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting / finance
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience with proven track record of developing talent
- Accounting, Finance degree or related field
- CPA. CA designation
- Excellent process planning, problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with the rest of the Executive team
- Highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
- Excited by the professional challenge of scaling a tech company
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment
- Must work from Canada at least 6 months per year
The team is composed of two people responsible for revenue operations, and two people doing accounting.
We are using the following tools:
- Xero is our accounting software
- SalesForce is our CRM
- Chargebee for billing clients
- WagePoint is our payroll processor
- Expensify is our expenses management software
At OneLocal, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly create the best company culture possible. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experience, and perspectives regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin.