Engineering Development Manager - Pharma Data Solutions
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
ODAIA nouno·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah \
An Ancient Greek word referring to a salesperson’s “tools of the trade.”
Learn more about our company here. You can also find more information about the company and our products at odaia.ai.
ODAIA is a remote first organization, all our positions are WFH.
ODAIA helps pharma sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our enterprise SaaS product MAPTUAL serves some of the most recognized Fortune 500 life sciences companies. By incorporating data and AI predictions in powerful ways, MAPTUAL’s users understand their customers (healthcare professionals, patients) on a deeper level and cater to their health needs more effectively.
ODAIAns (what we call ourselves) are inspired to reinvent the future of how non-technical people leverage data in their day-to-day lives. We are passionate about solving complex problems in data, AI, engineering, design, and product, so our customers don’t have to. We live by the notion that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication;” and making simplicity scalable is an even bigger challenge. That’s why we have a crazy talented team led by serial entrepreneurs, tech veterans, and life sciences experts.
Reducing patients’ time to therapy by facilitating meaningful interactions with healthcare providers, through human-centric software powered by AI.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, where trust, innovation and ownership are valued. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, and the opportunities to grow are extensive.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Engineering Development Manager is responsible for leading our high performing Data Solutions and Implementation Engineering team, designing and implementing the infrastructure required to enable fast and efficient onboarding of customer data into our system and out boarding of data insights to consumers. Working closely with the CTO, Analytics, Data Engineering and other key members of the team, the Engineering Development Manager leverages their existing knowledge of Pharma data to engage directly with the customer, continually driving data evolution and excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and grow the Data Solutions and Implementation Engineering team while directly contributing to solving high-impact, challenging problems in a dynamic, agile startup environment
- Ensure the successful execution of customer data onboarding and delivery of our product offerings, MAPTUAL Field and MAPTUAL Sphere, built on our MAPTUAL Platform
- Build the user management system to support implementation, defining a configurable infrastructure that will be used by our implementation consultants, automating customer data ingestion into our platform
- Ensure solutions are highly scalable, leveraging tools and services
- Understand generalizations between customer data sets and continuously learn how to best interface with other solutions
- Prepare and automate the data pipeline
- Successfully manage high volume customer data ingests, efficiently completing the initial bring up of data into the system to ensure deployment remains on track
- Design and build concepts that take in new data sources and build APIs to provide internal data sources
- Build our proof of concept, applications, and other opportunities with Salesforce and Veeva integration
- Ensure technical solutions meet and exceed complex customer requirements
- Represent ODAIA as a subject matter expert when engaging with customers about their data and project objectives
- Work with the Sales team to prepare for live demos
- Explore customer and other third party data sources to develop and design the data warehouse
- Understand product features and provide stats on data sources
- Proactively communicate issues, create and implement solutions to improve performance and scalability
- Rapidly prototype technical solutions to expand the reach of our product
- Facilitate and contribute to designing, building, and deploying scalable and secure software on AWS using technologies such as ECS, RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Cognito, SQS, etc.
- Lead and participate in all aspects of the product life cycle including conceptual design, development, deployment, operations and code reviews
- Provide input and influence the development process as we scale
- Facilitate and participate in inter-team and cross-functional collaborative discussions to solve problems, make decisions and drive progress
- Collaborate with Product team and other key individuals to plan and coordinate feasibility and delivery of future work and new features
- Lead by example, and ensure the team follows best practice and strives for technical and product domain expertise
- Provide guidance and support to accurately prioritize production, rapid prototyping and customer needs in a fast-paced environment
- Encourage, mentor, coach and develop members of the Development team and cross functionally
- Assist with the setup of best practices and develop technical and product domain expertise
- Ensure code quality and maintainability within the team by fully understanding architecture and tech stack, and participate in refactoring, creating standards, and improving build and test systems
- Work closely with key individuals to recruit and continue to grow the team
WHAT YOU BRING
- Proven experience leading and scaling high performance Engineering development teams, with a track record of successful delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or extensive practical experience with software development
- Experience working in a hands on leadership role in a dynamic, agile, fast growing SaaS startup
- Solid understanding of the full development cycle and able to lead teams to deliver production-quality code for medium to large scale products and build software from the ground up, and move the product forward
- Experience working in Pharma / Healthcare / Life Sciences
- Solid understanding of Pharma data, data solutions architecture and database administration
- Knowledge and experience working with Veeva and Salesforce CRM integrations
- Exceptional communication skills, understands how to influence to both technical and non-technical teams and can motivate and drive progress towards a common goal
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, functional design, and other design principles / patterns
- Advanced understanding of professional development techniques such as Test Driven Development
- Experience implementing DevOps best practices such as CI/CD
- Skilled in performant SQL schema and query design
- Highly experienced in AWS stack or an equivalent cloud platform
- Understanding of data science or data analytics
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, security, and design constraints on the web
- Experience in React, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, or JQuery
- A continuous learner who seeks and welcomes feedback to improve
- Grand vision, low ego and able to make a big impact
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly productive driven startup culture that values agility, passion, ownership, trust, respect, diversity and inclusion
- A highly product driven environment, with tremendous growth and unique learning opportunities
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- Tremendous growth trajectory and endless learning opportunities
- An inclusive environment, we are an equal opportunities employer and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset
- Top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services
- Flexible working hours, providing great balance for personal and family life
- We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock
- We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results
- An open and flexible vacation policy
- Our employees can take what they want, when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved and get things covered while they're away
- Stock option grants
- A generous home office allowance
- Career development opportunities, and a solid business model - we’re in it for the long haul!
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with frequent in-person collaborative work sessions and social gatherings at a work-share office in downtown Toronto. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events, and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
Any conditional offer of employment made to a successful candidate will be subject to the full satisfaction with the results of any background and reference checks.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND ACCESSIBILITY
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of our hiring process. For more on this, you can inquire about accommodations if you're invited to an interview.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
As an equal opportunity employer, ODAIA is committed to creating an environment that respects diversity and inclusion. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace, and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
See more open positions at ODAIA
Something looks off?