Embedded Software Developer
Nymi exists to create a world where people and technology converge in a manner that is safe, secure, and simple. Sometimes, solving difficult problems requires that we think differently, and not simply better, about a solution. With this mentality, we created a first-of-its-kind connected worker solution delivered through a platform and wearable. In a single authentication to your Nymi Band, connected workers enjoy passwordless, contactless, and handsfree workflows across applications, systems, and environments. Furthermore, organizations who have deployed Nymi are uniquely positioned to reap the benefits of digital transformation, connectivity, and data flow, while simultaneously strengthening security, compliance, user experience, and productivity. Our diverse, global customer base represents some of the world’s largest innovation-driven companies, including 9 of the top 10 pharmaceutical manufacturers. Currently, we are expanding our connected worker vision into other critical infrastructure sectors.
Nymi is looking for an embedded developer with hands-on experience in creating and deploying enterprise-grade wearable hardware. You are a new firmware developer who brings solid design and architecture fundamentals, strong C programming skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality embedded solutions to customers. You are comfortable with an agile development process and are eager to contribute to multiple aspects of the products’ firmware and hardware.
Remote working for this position is possible, but successful applications will be expected to work from Nymi's head office in downtown Toronto on a regular basis.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining firmware for wearable authentication devices
- Participating in hardware-firmware integration of product
- Developing application-level communication protocols
- Promoting the production deployment of Nymi products at scale, by establishing effective testing and troubleshooting procedures for the hardware and its firmware
- Contributing to the firmware design and architecture of next generation Nymi solutions
What you bring to the table:
- Proficiency as C developer with a clear focus on embedded systems and firmware, bare-metal or RTOS
- Fundamental understanding of computer science algorithms, data structures, and design patterns (embedded/firmware specific an asset)
- Experience with low-power processors (such as Cortex M4 and M33), and SoC-based platforms (such as from STMicro and Nordic)
- Experience with debugging tools and techniques on embedded systems (GNU and JTAG)
- Practical experience with hardware peripherals (ICs) and communication protocols (SPI, I2C, USB)
- Experience in test framework development using Python
- Familiarity with at least 1 wireless communication protocol (Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, NFC, Zigbee, LoRa)
- Experience with performance optimization of resource-constrained systems would be a plus
- Familiarity with development/analysis of secure embedded products: secure code practices, cryptography, and reverse engineering would be a plus
What is it like to work at Nymi?
We’re creating a world for the connected worker where both companies and employees are excited, secure, and seamlessly connected. Nymi is a talented and driven team that takes risks, solves problems, and is highly adaptive.
At Nymi we embrace diversity; we understand that a diverse set of voices allows for creativity and innovation. Our commitment to being a positive and inclusive work environment goes to the core of our values. We are looking for an exceptional teammate to join an amazing group of people. Nymi is growing and offers generous benefits, flexible work schedules and models (remote, in-office or hybrid). Here, you have the opportunity to build your career at your own pace, without limits.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by email or phone. Please let us know if you require any accessibility considerations in your response so that we can prepare appropriately.