Customer Experience Specialist
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
The Merchant Experience team is adding a Retention Specialist to the team. You will help support our team's three main duties: resolving merchant issues to prevent merchant attrition; proactively communicating with merchants via outbound calls to ensure customer satisfaction by reviewing pricing or addressing any unresolved issues, taking steps to ensure a more positive customer experience through relationship-building; and gathering and reporting insight into merchant complaints and dissatisfaction so the business can take tangible action to improve products and services.
This is a hybrid role requiring the first 6 weeks of training to be worked in our office, with remote flexibility thereafter.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide world-class customer service and support to all customers;
- Handle inbound and outbound calls, emails, customer feedback escalations, and all other assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner, and to the required quality;
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and resolve issues in order to avoid negative outcomes;
- Work with other departments to ensure that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction;
- Take preventative action on all cases to help minimize the number of times customers must call in for assistance;
- Conduct routine outbound follow-up with customers that have unresolved issues or are otherwise dissatisfied in order to proactively address customers’ concerns and prevent future attrition;
- Thoroughly document and record key learnings around customer issues, communicate issues internally and provide reporting to management as needed.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Fluent in English
- Experience in customer service, retention, or sales;
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact by phone and email;
- Effective note-taking and documentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand billing, contractual, and/or technical issues;
- Aptitude for building rapport and trust among others quickly;
- Motivation in working in a challenging, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organization and time-management skills;
- Outstanding work ethic and attendance.
- Medical insurance
- Up to 2.5 additional days of annual leave per quarter, if Nuvei achieves its quarterly targets;
- Hybrid working environment;
- Virtual yoga and meditation classes, as well as other opportunities to get involved in community outreach and employee engagement initiatives.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.