Risk & underwriting Director, LATAM
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
We are looking for a Regional Director of Risk & Underwriting to join our fast-growing Operations team. Reporting to our SVP of Risk, Compliance and Underwriting you will be supporting the team on mitigate financial loss to the company through proactive merchant review and analysis.
You will proactively review Nuvei’s merchant portfolio for Fraud and Credit Risk and analyze merchant application referrals from our Digital Payments sales team to qualify their credit worthiness. Also, will utilize a host of risk monitoring tools to review and analyze merchant activity, business structure, and financial exposure. This information will be used to determine whether adverse action is required to prevent loss.
- Lead a small but growing team of Risk & Underwriting professionals.
- Monitor merchant processing activity for exceptions outside of approved parameters.
- Identify, investigate and report potentially suspicious activity.
- Make decisions regarding the disposition of merchant processing activity to mitigate losses to the company.
- Assist in the mitigation of losses by ensuring activities are an accurate representation of merchant’s business model.
- Conduct detailed credit & risk analysis of applying merchant accounts to determine creditworthiness as well as identifying potential risks.
- Demonstrate strong methodical skills in analyzing data, drawing meaningful conclusions, preparing written summary of results in accordance with department procedures & making holistic business recommendations.
- Maintain communication & collaboration with partners, merchants & co-workers.
- Process applications efficiently & with analytical thinking to reduce & streamline the workload of the underwriting department within a reasonable time frame.