Customer Experience Specialist
The Merchant Experience team is adding a Retention Specialist to the team. You will help support our team's three main duties: resolving merchant issues to prevent merchant attrition; proactively communicating with merchants via outbound calls to ensure customer satisfaction by reviewing pricing or addressing any unresolved issues, taking steps to ensure a more positive customer experience through relationship-building; and gathering and reporting insight into merchant complaints and dissatisfaction so the business can take tangible action to improve products and services.
This is a hybrid role requiring the first 6 weeks of training to be worked in our Scottsdale office, with remote flexibility thereafter.
- Provide world-class customer service and support to all customers;
- Handle inbound and outbound calls, emails, customer feedback escalations, and all other assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner, and to the required quality;
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and resolve issues in order to avoid negative outcomes;
- Work with other departments to ensure that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction;
- Take preventative action on all cases to help minimize the number of times customers must call in for assistance;
- Conduct routine outbound follow-up with customers that have unresolved issues or are otherwise dissatisfied in order to proactively address customers’ concerns and prevent future attrition;
- Thoroughly document and record key learnings around customer issues, communicate issues internally and provide reporting to management as needed.
- Experience in customer service, retention, or sales;
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact by phone and email;
- Effective note-taking and documentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand billing, contractual, and/or technical issues;
- Aptitude for building rapport and trust among others quickly;
- Motivation in working in a challenging, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organization and time-management skills;
- Outstanding work ethic and attendance.