UK Compliance Associate
Title: UK Compliance Associate
Desired Location: UK
Hybrid – Remote – On site
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) is the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 45+ markets, 150 currencies and more than 600 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
To support the Compliance Manager within Nuvei’s UK business which is an FCA-regulated firm.
- The “Compliance Associate” will provide guidance, challenge and will monitor AML and Compliance with regulatory requirements to support the UK business in the design, implementation & maintenance of a risk-based AML & Compliance framework
- Ensure the AML and Compliance framework is robust, effective and adequately embedded across the UK business which is an FCA-registered company
- Produce Management Information and reporting on the effectiveness of management of compliance risks
- Support the business in implementing changes to procedures and processes stemming from new (or changes in) regulatory requirements
- This includes initiatives to build or enhance the control framework, where the need for enhancement has been identified
- Working within the ‘Second Line of Defence’, alongside and reporting to, the MLRO/Compliance Manager and ultimately the UK Board
- Working closely with the ‘First Line of Defence’ to assess the adequacy of SLA performance metrics
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience working in AML and/or Regulatory Compliance, ‘Second Line of Defence’ or compliance advisory
- Experience of and an accompanying understanding of Money Laundering Regulations and ideally EMR and PSR knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of any combination of JMLSG, FCA, EMRs, PSRs, PSD2, FATF
- Demonstrates ability to work within an evolving business with increasing regulatory requirements
- A keen eye for detail and an ability to learn and understand any new regulatory nuance very quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates influencing skills, combined with ability to interact and communicate credibly with stakeholders at all levels who, at times, will be located in different continents
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment would be highly beneficial due to the evolving nature of the business and ever-changing regulatory landscape
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- College/university degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Compliance and/or AML experience (preferably in a business-to-business environment)
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
- Long Term Incentive Plan that creates an opportunity for all employees to financial benefit from Nuvei’s growth
- 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets