Title Legal Counsel
Desired Location UK
Hybrid – Remote – On site
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) is the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 45+ markets, 150 currencies and more than 600 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our fast-growing Legal team. Reporting to our Senior Legal Counsel, you will be supporting the team on providing high quality and commercially-minded legal advice and guidance to internal stakeholders across the Nuvei group to support the day-to-day operations. This is a broad legal position where you will be responding to ad-hoc requests for advice from internal stakeholders, facilitating and advising on contract negotiations, while supporting Nuvei continue to strive.
We are seeking a legal professional with 5-8 years of experience in commercial and/or transactional law as well as Information Technology. This team member will need to be resourceful, autonomous and efficient as we are a fast-paced business that has no intention of slowing down. Does this sound like your next challenge?
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Some of the responsibilities in this role include performing as a legal and corporate focal point in commercial negotiations with company's current and prospective customers, vendors, and partners.
- Drafting, negotiation and management of various commercial agreements, assist with corporate governance matters for Nuvei and its subsidiaries, and provide product and sales support as Nuvei continues to develop payment solutions for merchants around the world.
- Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel, you will be required to interact daily with the company's various business lines, such as Operations, Compliance, Sales, Marketing and Finance, to meet their legal needs.
- This individual will provide Legal advice and guidance on technology, commercial law, and regulatory matters.
- Having the ability to work with great ease alone and as part of an amazing team with great interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle a variety of issues within tight deadlines, this person has a great sense of professionalism and excels under pressure
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales with 5-8 years post qualification experience (PQE) supporting or working in a regulated payment services, financial services institution and/or technology company in the UK (ideally with some previous in-house experience).
- Expertise in financial regulations: MiFID II, CASS, FSMA, Market Abuse Directives, PSD II, MAR, the Electronic Money Directive and the provisions of the FCA and PRA Handbooks is a plus!
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in corporate, commercial, and transactional law.
- Minimum 3 years previous in-house experience is a plus.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing information technology contracts with excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Great ability to develop interpersonal relationships
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
- Long Term Incentive Plan that creates an opportunity for all employees to financial benefit from Nuvei’s growth
- 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
- Private Medical Insurance
- English (written and spoken) is the language used most of the time, as work colleagues, clients, and strategic suppliers are geographically dispersed.