Underwriter - Temporary
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
We are looking for an Underwriter Account Manager to join our fast-growing underwriting team for a 1-year temporary position. Reporting to our underwriting team lead, you will be supporting the team with on-boarding Nuvei's clients fast and smoothly, with a key focus on know-your-client (KYC) and due diligence procedures to potential and existing clients and take a part of collaborative team that has a quick and quantifiable impact on our growing business.
- Liaise and deal with banking relevant authorities - e.g., regulators, banking institutions
- Communicate with internal teams and customers on various matters
- Coordinate his work with the global Underwriting team
- Monitor business activities and practices to ensure compliance with regulations and policies
- Analyze online business models
- Conduct research as necessary
- Perform any ad-hoc tasks assigned.
- Bachelor or higher educational degree - mandatory
- Experience in regulatory requirements (KYC, due diligence, etc) - mandatory
- Experience in control concepts, as well as compliance rules and regulations
- Experience from Fintech/Payments industry- a big advantage
- Fluent English, additional EU language will be considered a plus
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy and experienced user of MS Office
- Iron-strong analytical skills, monstrous attention to detail.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
- Long Term Incentive Plan that creates an opportunity for all employees to financially benefit from Nuvei’s growth
- 2.5 additional days off each quarter, should the company achieve its quarterly targets
- Private Medical Insurance.
- English (written and spoken) is the language used most of the time, as work colleagues, clients, and strategic suppliers are geographically dispersed.