Commercial Legal Counsel
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) is the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible, and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 45+ markets, 150 currencies and more than 600 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
A Legal Counsel in our Vilnius office will be performing as a legal and corporate focal point incommercial negotiations with Nuvei's current and prospective customers, vendors and partners around the world as well as execute company's policies and legal standings.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Draft and/or review and/or negotiate agreements, internal corporate documents and other legal documents and ensure their compliance;
- Provide legal advice and guidance on information technology, commercial law, employment law and regulatory matters;
- Provide advice to UAB Nuvei leadership and employees on matters, where legal input is required;
- Assist with educating employees with respect to compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, contracting process and various other areas of responsibilities.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- +4 years of experience as a practicing lawyer;
- Minimum 3 years of previous in-house or law firm experience and a University Degree in Law;
- Knowledge of key Lithuanian and EU laws and regulations governing business activities, including but not limited to civil law, corporate law, AML, data privacy, employment law;
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills;
- Fluency in Lithuanian and English, both written and verbal;
- Commercial information technology transactions and licensing experience (advantage);
- Compliance and regulatory experience (advantage).
Monthly salary from 3500 EUR (gross before taxes). Specific salary is offered based on competence, work experience, and compliance with other job requirements.
- Monthly LIDL or WOLT food allowance;
- Flexibility & possibility to work remotely;
- Additional vacation days, granted on quarterly basis;
- Private Health Insurance;
- 1-month Workcation;
- Cool & modern penthouse office in Vilnius city;
- Annual bonus depending on company & individual results;
- Space for personal & professional growth, trainings, giving back to community activities;
- Office perks, great atmosphere, company events & a lot more to explore.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.