Corporate Legal Counsel
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) is a Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible, and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options, and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk, and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies, and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
We are looking for a motivated and talented Corporate Legal Counsel to join our legal team. Performing as a legal and corporate focal point in commercial negotiations with the company's current and prospective customers, vendors, and partners around the world
- Performing as a legal and corporate focal point in commercial negotiations with the company's current and prospective customers, vendors, and partners around the world
- Executing the company's policies and legal standings
- Providing legal advice and guidance on information technology, commercial law, and regulatory matters
- Assist with educating employees with respect to compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, contracting process, and various other areas of responsibilities
- Directly interfacing and reporting to the company's Legal Counsel.
- Member of the Cypriot Bar Association or equivalent
- 4-6 years as a practicing lawyer
- Minimum 3 years of previous in-house or law firm experience
- Experience in commercial Information technology transactions and licensing experience is an advantage
- Compliance and regulatory experience - an advantage
- Admitted to practice in England – advantage
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under stress
Nuvei is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
- 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter if the company hits quarterly targets
- Private Medical Insurance