The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
We are looking for an Accountant to join our fast developing, NASDAQ listed, international company. The position is reporting to the Finance Team Lead / Controller based in Iasi, Romania.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing daily accounting activities for Nuvei companies (mainly Netherlands) – including but not limited to booking accruals, prepaid expenses, invoices, monthly closing JEs, maintaining trade payable/ receivable ledgers, etc.
- Supporting the month-end and year-end closing process by performing balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations, etc.
- Providing accurate, timely, and relevant reports and analysis to management as requested
- Crafting reports needed by internal / external auditors
- Identifying areas of improvement and implementing the processes/procedures enhancements
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as an accountant with responsibility for all aspects of the accounting activities.
- Senior level of understanding of accounting rules and principles including IFRS as applicable accounting framework.
- High attention to details and analytical skills.
- Focused on getting the job done, responsibilities and deadlines
- A result oriented and positive person
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, advanced functions, and formulas, etc.).
- Good command of English
Would be a plus
- Excel Power Query knowledge
- Highschool of Economics (Accounting and Finance)
- Experience in multinational environment
What to expect to find
- 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
- Private Medical Insurance
- Competitive remuneration package and flexible benefits;
- Free tea & coffee
- Access to relaxation area where we have XBOX, Ping-pong, team games and other facilities
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
Please send your resume in English.