The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
Nuvei is currently seeking a lawyer in North America to fill a permanent position as Legal Counsel. We will consider applicants to work remotely or in either our Scottsdale, Arizona or Montreal, Quebec offices. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience in commercial and/or transactional law. He or she has experience working in regulated industries, and preferably has a working knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations, the Bank Secrecy Act and regulations affecting money service businesses. We seek a colleague who is resourceful, autonomous and efficient. He or she has great ease working alone as well as within a team environment. He or she is able to handle a variety of issues within tight deadlines, this person has a great sense of professionalism and excels under pressure.
The Legal Counsel will participate in the drafting, negotiation and management of various commercial agreements, and provide product and sales support as Nuvei continues to develop payment solutions for merchants around the world. He or she will provide assistance managing and monitoring certain litigation across Canada and the United States and liaising with external counsel. Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel, he or she will be required to interact daily with the company's various business lines, such as Operations, Compliance, Sales, Marketing and Finance, to meet their legal needs.
- Member in good standing of the Barreau du Québec or in his or her home state or province.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in commercial and transactional law.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing information technology contracts, as well as knowledge of applicable laws and regulations in the payment services industry.
- Experience working in a Public Company is an asset.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Knowledge and experience with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and legal concerns related to the protection of personal data are an asset.
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrencies and alternative payment methods is a plus.
- Great ability to develop interpersonal relationships.
- English (written and spoken) is the language used most of the time, as work colleagues and clientele are both geographically dispersed within and outside of Canada, the United States, Europe and the Middle East.
- Ability to speak Spanish is an asset.
Nuvei offers a wide variety of benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Paid time off, 401(k) and many other great benefits.
Nuvei perks also include:
- Long Term Incentive Program (LTIP) is an annual employee reward plan which allows Nuvei to make awards of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) to all new employees.
- Frequent training programs on new systems and platforms.
- Free Virtual yoga, meditation and fitness classes, community involvement, and many social activities.
- Group Private Medical Insurance
- Up to 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
- Employee recognition program and possibilities for advancement in various fields.
- Modern, dynamic and great work environment.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.