Software Dev Team Leader .NET
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
Our North American engineering team is looking for a highly skilled and passionate Technical Team Lead who enables an agile team to deliver key products by exercising team leadership, taking ownership of technical solutions, and leveraging expertise and creativity to innovate and deliver quality. The key to success in this position is partnering with Developers, the architecture team, the Scrum Master, Product Owners, System Analysts, and other stakeholders to design technical solutions and business needs and see them through to completion in an agile environment. The individual must be a great team player with the ability to engage and motivate peers, forward-thinking and share common vision of quality, integrity, and efficiency.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of developers, including performance reviews, recruitment and skills development, Work towards improving team’s performance in terms of skills and deliverables and fueling their growth.
- Motivate the team to deliver software components with quality and efficiency
- Fulfill Nuvei’s architecture vision in collaboration with Nuvei’s architecture team by owning architectural components and ensuring robustness, efficiency, and interoperability with the rest of Nuvei ecosystem
- Perform detailed technical design of solutions and deliverables in collaboration with System Analysts and subject matter experts
- Coordinate, review and approve work sizing and task breakdown for the product backlog in collaboration with developers and the ScrumMaster
- Be responsible for code review to ensure quality and compliance with corporate policies and security requirements
- Take ownership of coding standards and project templates to ensure consistent quality
- Be responsible for the consistent application of deployment configuration and Infrastructure-as-Code to ensure smooth delivery of software components in collaboration with the DevOps team
- Ensure system uptime and availability by incorporating automated monitoring and observability technologies
- Be responsible for providing day-to-day technical coaching to agile team members
- Be responsible for coordinating the mitigation of technical defects or operational issues arising from components delivered by the team
- Be involved in hiring, new team member onboarding and retention, conducting technical interviews, contributing to the continued evolution and refinement of the hiring and onboarding processes in collaboration with Development Managers and Human Resources.
- Be the first line of contact for the ScrumMaster, the QA team, System Analysts and DevOps for any questions or issues related to technical solutions delivered by the team
- Work with Product Owners and team to fulfill the vision for Nuvei’s products and offerings
- Work with the Scrum Master to help with the scheduling of work items, capacity planning and resource allocation within the team
- Responsible for continuously monitoring the effectiveness of technical solutions using metrics and KPIs
- Coordinate the implementation of corporate processes (governance, change management, IT control audits, etc.) within the development team
- Be engaged in continuous lifelong learning and encourage team members to do likewise
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 7+ years of equivalent work experience in IT involving technical leadership and hands-on practice.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft development stack (C#, .NET)
- Proficiency with front-end development technologies (React or similar) and familiarity with UX best practices
- Proficiency with modern data technologies (SQL Server, NoSQL, etc)
- Knowledge of Microservices and Event-Driven architecture
- Strong knowledge of software design practices and development methodologies (modularity, object-oriented design patterns, microservices architecture, Domain-Driven Design)
- Proven experience with technical leadership
- Strong commitment to security, quality, and robustness
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to deliver results in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Strong understanding of modern software architecture (N-tier, Clean Architecture, Microservices)
- Good understanding of modern security practices and technologies (Zero Trust, information security, identity and access management, encryption, PII protection, OAuth)
- Preferred familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Preferred familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices (Scrum/Kanban)
- Preferred familiarity with containers and cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure) and microservices architecture
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamism, energy and the ability to engage and motivate team members
- Agility, adaptability, and ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience in designing secure applications and awareness of security implications in all stages of the software development lifecycle
Nice to have
- Docker, Container, Kubernetes
- Windows, Linux
- Experience with the Azure Cloud environment
- Experience with other development stacks (e.g. Java, Python, Node.js)
- Payment Industry experience
- English (written and spoken) is the language used most of the time, as work colleagues, clients, and strategic suppliers are geographically dispersed.
Nuvei offers a wide variety of benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Time.
- Up to 2.5 additional days of annual leave per quarter, if Nuvei achieves its quarterly targets.
- Hybrid working environment.
- Fresh fruit in the office, virtual yoga and meditation classes, as well as other opportunities to get involved in community outreach and employee engagement initiatives.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.