ACH Risk Analyst
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
The goal of the Risk Department is to mitigate financial loss to the company through proactive buyer risk approach and analysis. This position reports to the Director, IBT/ACH Risk & UW. The ACH Risk Analyst Candidate will proactively review Nuvei’s buyer risk portfolio to mitigate risk trends that may arise through traditional and technological methodologies. The Candidate will utilize a host of risk monitoring tools to analyze consumer trend activity, payment structuring, and financial exposure. This information will be used to determine whether adverse action is required to prevent loss.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor ACH processing activity for exceptions outside of approved parameters.
- Identify, investigate and report potentially suspicious activity.
- Make decisions regarding the disposition of ACH processing activity to mitigate losses to the company.
- Assist in the mitigation of losses by ensuring activities are an accurate representation of our client’s business model.
- Provide various reporting to management.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work early mornings and possibly evenings.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelors in Finance or the equivalent in relevant experience and training.
- 2 years’ experience in risk/fraud management and/or underwriting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in financial services or other related industry.
- Proficiency in ACH processing and NACHA Rules and Regulations.
- Familiarity with Real Time Payments, FedNOW or other faster payment channels.
- Background with working with high-risk industries especially Gaming, Crypto, Marketplaces.
- Background with a rules-based risk management system.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Satisfactory knowledge base with coding in SQL and Python.
- Good business sense.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- English (written and spoken) is the language used most of the time, as work colleagues, clients, and strategic suppliers are geographically dispersed.
- French (written and spoken) is a plus but not requirement for US roles.
Nuvei offers a wide variety of benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Paid time off, 401(k) and many other great benefits.
Nuvei perks also include:
- Frequent training programs on new systems and platforms.
- Free Virtual yoga, meditation and fitness classes, community involvement, and many social activities.
- Group Private Medical Insurance
- Up to 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
- Employee recognition program and possibilities for advancement in various fields.
- Modern, dynamic and great work environment.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.