Senior Legal Counsel - Regulatory Affairs
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
Nuvei is currently seeking a lawyer in North America, the EU or the UK to fill a new role as Senior Legal Counsel – Regulatory Affairs. The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience working in global regulated industries, such as payments, fintech or financial services more broadly. We are seeking a leader who is resourceful, autonomous and efficient. He or she has great ease working alone as well as within a team environment. Able to handle a variety of issues within tight deadlines, this person has a great sense of professionalism and excels under pressure.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business (Legal, Commercial/Sales, Product, Operations, Global Expansion, Compliance, Risk and Underwriting, etc.) on strategic projects, products and other initiatives to ensure regulatory compliance in new and existing markets
- Provide legal advice to all internal business units and teams, including Legal, Compliance, AML, Risk and Underwriting, Finance, Operations and Product on the application of laws and regulations
- Stay abreast of international regulatory and policy developments relevant to Nuvei products and services worldwide, including those related to financial regulation, AML, gaming, forex and cryptocurrencies
- Prepare and distribute regulatory updates to senor management and present key updates and developments to the Compliance Committee
- Review and advise the Compliance and Legal teams on policies, processes and procedures to maintain compliance with applicable laws and regulations in all markets in which Nuvei operates
- Assign, monitor and provide guidance to outside counsel handling regulatory or other related matters worldwide
- Represent the Company in the event of administrative or regulatory enforcement audits, investigations or litigation
- Member in good standing of the bar in his or her home country, state or province.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in regulatory/fintech law.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations in the payment services industry.
- Knowledge of gaming or data protection laws is an asset.
- Experience working in a global public company is an asset.
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrencies and alternative payment methods is a plus.
- Great ability to develop interpersonal relationships.
- As a global company, English (written and spoken) is the primary language used at Nuvei as work colleagues and clientele are both geographically dispersed.
- The ability to speak French, Portuguese, or Spanish is an asset.
Nuvei offers a wide variety of benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Paid time off, 401(k) and many other great benefits.
Nuvei perks also include:
- Long Term Incentive Program (LTIP) is an annual employee reward plan which allows Nuvei to make awards of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) to all new employees.
- Frequent training programs on new systems and platforms.
- Free Virtual yoga, meditation and fitness classes, community involvement, and many social activities.
- Group Private Medical Insurance
- Up to 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
- Employee recognition program and possibilities for advancement in various fields.
- Modern, dynamic and great work environment.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.