The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
Nuvei is currently seeking a Corporate Paralegal to support our in-house legal team at the Montreal Head Office. The ideal candidate has between 4-6 years of experience in corporate law. He or she is, resourceful, autonomous, efficient, and has great ease working alone as well as within a team environment. This person is able to handle a variety of issues within tight deadlines, has a great sense of professionalism, and excels under pressure.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the global in-house legal team, maintaining and filing corporate records for domestic and international entities forming part of the Nuvei group structure, including:
- Drafting corporate documents, such as director and shareholder resolutions, meeting minutes, annual and timely filings with corporate registrars, etc.;
- Coordinating and receiving signatures for corporate documents and filings;
- Incorporating legal entities and maintaining their corporate good standing in all relevant jurisdictions;
- Providing support for documents and activities related to corporate restructurings, such as mergers, formations, and dissolutions, as well as intercompany transactions; and
- Managing the global subsidiary management tool.
- In collaboration with the Compliance Department, assisting with payment industry regulatory filings.
- Providing contract support for standard corporate agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements.
- Supporting the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary with matters related to the parent company Board and its committees, including coordinating the payment of director fees, preparing drafts of meeting agendas and minutes, coordinating the annual compliance questionnaire process, etc.
- Working with other members of the global in-house legal team on special projects and initiatives, such as debt and equity financings and strategic acquisitions.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in a law firm or in-house for a publicly listed company;
- Public company and securities law experience is an asset; Bilingual a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Nuvei offers a wide variety of benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Paid time off, 401(k) and many other great benefits.
Nuvei perks also include:
- Long Term Incentive Program (LTIP) is an annual employee reward plan which allows Nuvei to make awards of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) to all new employees.
- Frequent training programs on new systems and platforms.
- Free Virtual yoga, meditation and fitness classes, community involvement, and many social activities.
- Group Private Medical Insurance
- Up to 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
- Employee recognition program and possibilities for advancement in various fields.
- Modern, dynamic and great work environment.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.