Database Administrator (DBA)
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
Our North American data team is looking for a highly skilled and passionate Database Administrator, MySQL focused, who will work with our database and development teams and use the latest technologies in a fast-paced environment building solutions for payment services, leveraging expertise and creativity to innovate and drive quality. The goal is to maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
The Database Administrator is responsible for the development, monitoring and optimization of the platform’s MySQL databases. This position implies the implementation, configuration, maintenance, development, and performance of these systems, to ensure availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. The individual must be a great team player with good communication skills and share a common vision of quality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Collaborate with customers, project management, software engineering and network operations teams for database requirements to enhance existing systems and design new systems
- Install new and upgrade existing systems
- Enforce database security, standards & guidelines
- Support and design 24x7 high availability solutions
- Database and server performance: analyze, configure, and monitor physical server hardware, operating system, and database software for optimal configuration of settings, data access patterns, disk io performance, etc. and recommendations for upgrades and new systems.
- Database development: modeling, queries, stored procedures, ETL, testing, code reviews, code optimizations, and index tuning
- Validate, plan, and execute database schema and code changes, bottleneck analysis, outage prevention/resolution, server/database performance improvements, database recovery and restores
- Planning for system growth
- Develop methodologies and best practices for maintaining database high availability and disaster recovery
- Ensuring compliance with vendor license agreements
- Various reporting and data exportation and importation including csv, xml, and unstructured formats
- Document the database environment, processes, and best practices
- Provide technical support and problem resolution
- Production / On Call Support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a similar field
- At least 5 years of experience with MySQL, 2 years in a production support role
- Extensive knowledge of SQL
- Data modeling
- Performance analysis\tuning
- Experience with 24x7 transaction processing systems
- Experience with supporting various MySQL replication configurations
- Experience with ProxySQL
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in PostrgreSQL
Nuvei offers a wide variety of benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Paid time off, 401(k) and many other great benefits.
Nuvei perks also include:
- Long Term Incentive Program (LTIP) is an annual employee reward plan which allows Nuvei to make awards of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) to all new employees.
- Frequent training programs on new systems and platforms.
- Free Virtual yoga, meditation and fitness classes, community involvement, and many social activities.
- Group Private Medical Insurance
- Up to 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
- Employee recognition program and possibilities for advancement in various fields.
- Modern, dynamic and great work environment.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
Something looks off?