Accounting Leader, Latam
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible, and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
We are looking for a(n) Accounting leader, Latam to join our fast-growing team. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer Latam, you will be supporting the team with the Preparation accurate and timely of financials statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Manages all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepares and presents financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Supervises monthly balancing of accounting systems to appropriate balance sheet, accounts and bank statements
- Reviews, Analyzes, and implements processes and procedures to manage the daily, weekly, and month cash position of the company.
- Coordinates preparation of annual tax documents.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- Oversees accounts payable function including but not limited to compliance with expense reporting, capitalization policy, and purchase order procedures.
- Manages and processes payroll accounting-related functions.
- Prepares and provides oversight for business unit operating budgets and profit and loss (P&L) statements.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops accounting and finance managers; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keep up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Assists with company strategic planning.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises Latam Accounting Team
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external accountants and auditors
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting
- Advanced level in English and Spanish
- +10 years related experience.
- Requires critical thinking skills, communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and flexible and enjoy working with a variety of staff.
- Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly Proficient in excel.
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
- Long Term Incentive Plan that creates an opportunity for all employees to financially benefit from Nuvei’s growth
- 2.5 additional days off each quarter, should the company achieve its quarterly targets
- Health insurance
Something looks off?