Senior Electrical Engineer
Nuvation is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Energy Storage System Design team, Candidates must have a strong background in electrical systems, excellent technical expertise, as well as the ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment.
Our Energy System Design Services team focuses on designing Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and leverages our battery management system (BMS) and energy management system (EMS) products to bring an entire BESS to life.
This Senior Electrical Engineer role will directly contribute to the analysis, design decisions, and implementation of these systems. Additional responsibilities include general engineering leadership, team development, mentorship, and individual growth.
This is an on-site role at our Waterloo, ON office. Candidates must reside local to the office (i.e. within daily commuting distance). Nuvation supports Hybrid Working in certain scenarios.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experienced with power systems design for high voltage DC systems
- Knowledge of electrical design, materials, and installation methods - especially in energy storage applications, is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of power system protection
- Understanding of electrical, thermal, and mechanical characteristics of cells, modules, and/or packs (SOC, SOH, DOD life cycle etc.)
- Understanding of packaging for various battery systems (cells, modules, busbars, fuses, wiring, connectors, control modules)
- Highly experienced using engineering tools like Solidworks Electrical, AutoCAD or similar
- Proven experience with generating engineering deliverables such as electrical drawings and other technical documents
- Experience working with stakeholders and customers to determine technical requirements and engineering implementation needs
- Experience with designing using specifications and requirements which are based on technical needs
- Ability to identify complex problems, review related information to develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions
- Skilled in performing design activities to meet applicable safety standards
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Able to communicate professionally and positively with customers and vendors
- University degree or College Diploma in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Systems, Mechatronics, or equivalent experience
Learn more about us at: https://www.nuvationenergy.com/about-us/nuvation-energy-careers