Senior Software Developer - Calgary or Ottawa
The software products group at Nureva is constantly growing, and is currently looking for a highly motivated full-stack senior software developer to join our team. If you are passionate about developing across all layers of innovative solutions, including cloud services, mobile apps, and embedded apps, come work with us!
You will be involved in the development of concepts, innovative design, and delivery of solutions right through to completion. You will work with a diverse team of developers, designers, and product managers who are passionate about technology, user experience and market success.
We strive to create experiences with a human-centered approach to design. Our multidisciplinary professionals work collaboratively to push the boundaries of what is technically possible and develop applications for the global markets. The entrepreneurial environment at Nureva appeals to self-driven, flexible team players who are creative, learn quickly and are not afraid to tackle hard problems.
- Design and develop new features across all application layers in the product
- Research new technologies and bring forward new ideas to support the business
- Deliver products from requirements through design, implementation, and release using a continuous delivery approach based on automated, repeatable, and reliable releases
- Work closely with other talented developers, UX, and QA in a collaborative Agile team
You have experience with
- Full-stack, full life-cycle feature development
- The following languages & frameworks:
- Back-end languages such as C# (.NET Core)
- Common front-end libraries and frameworks such as (TypeScript) Angular, Vue and React
- Common software patterns and paradigms
You also have
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant work experience including server-side and web development
- An ability to thrive on the unknown and you are always interested in your next challenge
- An excitement about learning and are proactive about picking up new technologies
- A solid understanding of programming fundamentals
- The ability to work within an agile process and a rapidly changing environment
- Passion for championing best practices and ensuring high-quality code by providing technical leadership and mentorship to other developers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Great to have
- Mobile app development experience with Android and iOS; React native or Flutter preferred
- Modern DevOps tools:
- Continuous integration and deployment (Azure DevOps)
- Container-based deployments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Cloud architecture and computing platform services (Azure, AWS)
- Online portfolio, GitHub projects, Stack Overflow profile or any other contributions you have made to support the developer community
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD), Microservices, Hexagonal or Clean Architecture
We offer a competitive total compensation package with some unique perks and benefits, an open and collaborative office, and a great team environment.
Apply online at Nureva.com by close of business on October 13, 2023. Please outline how you will make a difference being part of our team. If we select you for an interview, we will spend time helping you understand the role and our company to ensure that we are a good fit for you.