Audio DSP Firmware Developer
Nureva is seeking a firmware developer experienced in advanced audio processing to join our development team and help expand our evolving audio product line. As the ideal candidate, you enjoy exploring new technologies and are well-versed in bringing hardware products to market. Your broad experience with embedded systems gives you the skills to take a concept from requirement analysis and design through to implementation, manufacturing and deployment.
You are diligent, proactive and have a reputation for taking an innovative approach when solving difficult problems. You enjoy collaborating with small teams and have the resourcefulness and initiative to navigate through the challenges of new product development. You take ownership of your deliverables and take pride in the knowledge that your designs will have an impact on end-users.
- Design and implement firmware to achieve architectural and functional requirements, along with performance and quality metrics. This may include a range of features, embedded applications, and will be focused on our audio product line
- Work with the project team to recommend hardware solutions to complement Nureva’s software product suite, addressing customer and market requirements
- Establish a firmware development strategy based on overall system architecture and deliverables
- Create and maintain design documentation
- Develop design test plans and tools to verify system performance and quality, and work with NPI to support volume manufacturing
- Support and contribute to Nureva’s evolving end-to-end product development processes by applying relevant best practices to ensure consistent delivery of quality products
- Maintain a comprehensive awareness of the technology landscape and identify opportunities for future product portfolio enhancements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline. An advanced degree will be considered an asset
- 5+ years of experience in electronics hardware and firmware development using the C programming language
- Extensive knowledge of audio processing algorithms and filters encompassing Echo Cancellation, Noise Suppression, Automatic Gain Control, and Dereverberation.
- Experience with audio speaker systems or acoustics will be considered an asset.
- Experience with signal processing simulation tools (i.e., Matlab, Octave, Maple, etc.)
- A proven ability to design and debug microcontroller and DSP-based embedded products
- Experience designing interfaces using USB, I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet and others
- Experience with typical firmware development tools, including IDEs, configuration management tools, debugging tools and oscilloscopes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We offer a competitive total compensation package, an open and collaborative office and a great team environment.
Visit nureva.com by close of business on September 30, 2023. Please outline how you will make a difference on our team. We will spend time to help you understand the role and our company to ensure we are a good fit for you.