Sales Support Specialist
MPOWER Energy Solutions, an NRStor company, is the leading supplier and installer of the Tesla Powerwall in Canada. Powerwall is the most advanced residential battery energy storage system on the market, designed to backup household electricity supply, reduce utility bill costs, and improve utilization of on-site solar generation. Our vision is to deploy energy storage at scale in order to accelerate the transition to a low carbon energy system. MPOWER has been supplying Powerwalls to Canadian homeowners and electrical utilities since 2016, uniquely positioning us to provide top-tier support to customers and installers in all aspects of the product.
MPOWER’s parent company, NRStor, is an industry leading, profit-with-purpose Canadian energy storage developer, owner, and operator. Collectively, our success stems from our:
- Women-led management team.
- Proven track record deploying first of kind projects.
- Partnership-first business model.
- Diversified value streams and monetization strategy.
- Trusted relationships.
- Impact investments.
MPOWER is looking for a Sales and Support Specialist to help us advance our mission to provide clean, reliable energy for Canadians. The core responsibility of this role is engaging with customers in a consultative approach to qualify opportunities and provide support throughout the sales and delivery process. Activities can range from responding to inbound leads, to coordinating delivery, to responding to new needs of the business. Candidates must be energetic, highly organized, hard-working team players who are receptive to ongoing coaching and focused on providing a positive customer experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the highest level of verbal and written customer service in a timely and professional manner through email, social media, phone, and SMS.
- Receive inbound leads, assess the customer’s needs, qualify the opportunity, and guide them to one of our Certified Installers or an appropriate team member for action.
- Stay up to date on product functionality, installation information and electrical/building code requirements for residential battery energy storage systems.
- Coordinate equipment delivery between our warehouse and installers.
- Provide support to customers throughout the full delivery cycle and installation process, as well as continued support throughout ownership.
- Engage with installers and customers after equipment is installed for feedback and testimonies.
- Escalate matters that require management attention in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a system for continuously improving the customer experience.
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrated success in sales/customer service, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fluent in English and French.
Skills and Attributes
- Positive and energetic.
- Excellent listening, reading, communication and relationship management skills.
- Interest in sustainability, battery energy storage, and renewable energy systems.
- Ability to learn and explain complex technical concepts.
- General understanding of home electrical systems.
- Organized and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools, and various social media platforms.
Workload, Commitments, and Interactions
- Works full-time hours as necessary to perform all duties under this role.
- Hybrid work environment - combination of working at MPOWER's office in Toronto, ON and working remotely.
- Some travel may be required for site visits.
- Reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with all MPOWER employees.
Diversity and Inclusion
MPOWER and NRStor are committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage talented and passionate individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. If you’re enthusiastic about this position, we encourage you to apply even if your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the requirements.