Field Service Technician
Are you excited to lead the innovation of AI and automation in industrial robotics? If the answer is yes, we have an opportunity for you.
Novarc Technologies is looking for a Field Service Technician to join our growing team and support the production of our cobots.
Our never-before-seen welding cobots require technical client support through the sales, customization and installation process.
As a Field Service Technician, reporting to the Technical Customer Support Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to ensure Novarc’s Spool Welding Robots (SWRs) are installed, commissioned, and handed over at client sites, as well as travel to sites to support with customer service and robot preventative maintenance duties.
You will interact with the Novarc engineering and Operations teams, subcontractors, and vendors. You will be the point of contact for installations you are both physically at and remotely managing. You will also liaise with clients to ensure they are prepared for the installation and meeting the SWR’s installation requirements. The position will involve 50% travel locally to Australia, but potentially Internationally. Training will be performed locally with the local employee and also in Canada and the US.
- Install and commission new SWRs.
- Provide Field service support to Novarc’s SWRs.
- Lead communications with clients about support, upcoming installations, and expectations, and plan with the Novarc team accordingly.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders (i.e. project managers) once a project is assigned.
- Create and manage customer tickets until completion
- Troubleshoot the SWR for mechanical, electrical, and control system issues.
- Communicate effectively with on-site customers to guide them to assist in troubleshooting.
- Perform Site Acceptance Tests (SATs) on new systems at the site.
- Perform on-site task risk and safety assessments.
- Create detailed site reports for every site visit and installation, and provide them in a timely fashion to the team.
- Carry out NovCare maintenance duties.
- Manage the site toolbox, and ensure all tools and consumables are tracked, updated, and cared for.
- Manage the local parts inventory.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health Safety and Environment.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are met or exceeded.
- Assist on the review, creation and management of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Schedule and Supervise subcontractors on site, including Health, Safety, and Quality compliance.
- Ensure the Novarc installation toolbox is fully stocked with relevant consumables and tools.
- Submit purchase requests for required tools for the SWR toolbox.
On the occasion that the individual will be in the Novarc home office, they will:
- Assist in the production, testing, disassembly and crating duties of the SWR units.
- Assist in any shop activities assigned by the operations or manufacturing managers, as approved by the technical customer service manager.
- Assist in engineering duties assigned.
- Create detailed Lesson's learned databases based on installations and service trips. Ensure these lessons are followed through for incorporation.
- Technologist Diploma or Engineering degree in Electrical, Robotics or Mechatronics;
- Adaptability - able to handle new and changing conditions at a moment’s notice;
- 3+ years as a Field Service Technician or Engineer;
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting, ladder logic is a must;
- Experience with electrical systems such as electrical control panels, ability to read electrical schematics;
- Experience with mechanical assemblies such as metal fabricated parts, pneumatics, and gears/motor drive systems, ability to read mechanical assembly drawings;
- Experience in commissioning and installation under pressured timelines;
- Excellent English communication and documentation skills (oral and written);
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to travel significantly - up to 50%, with the possibility to travel internationally;
- A valid passport with required visas allowing entry into the United States and Canada for work purposes is a must.
- Experience with Project Management
- Experience with AC and servo motor operation and selection
- Experience with PLC programming, especially Omron products
- Experience with MIG welding systems
Nice to have:
- MIG Welding experience
- Familiarity with OMRON servos and drives
- Exposure to and use of cloud-based project management software “Wrike”
- Knowledge of HSE, QA, Ishikawa (cause and effect diagrams), Toyota Business Process, and 5 Whys process
- Experience with industrial robots
- Programming skills: C/C++, Pynton, SQL
- Core: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
- up to 50% travel required, including weekends and evenings as required.
- As we have a global client base, the ability to log customer service tickets and take calls at non-standard hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Growing Opportunities - We are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Great place to be - We have created a fun, adventurous, and open-minded environment where our teams are encouraged to bond and expose a little weirdness.
- Best People - Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people.
- Lots of Opportunities - We are constantly looking for stand-out talent internally to move into leadership positions.
About Novarc Technologies:
Novarc Technologies is an award-winning technology company based in North Vancouver, B.C. Since opening its doors in 2013, Novarc has built advanced collaborative welding robots for pipe welding applications. Novarc uses sensor-based controls and computer vision with cutting-edge software and hardware to improve the quality and efficiency of pipe welding. Our main product is a state-of-art collaborative robot that is currently being shipped internationally.
We are excited to invite you to join our growing team for this amazing journey!
"Novarc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, political belief, marital or family status, religion, special abilities, age, sex or sexual orientation, or a criminal conviction or charge that is unrelated to employment of to the intended employment of that person. This applies to all our practices of recruitment, selection, promotion, training and development, health and safety, and compensation."