KYC Senior Specialist
NorthOne is looking for a KYC Senior Specialist to join our high performing team 🚀. We are a remote-first venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is reshaping financial services and banking for small businesses across America. We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and are solving important problems.
Our product & mission
NorthOne is a business banking and financial management platform for small businesses across America. We don’t stop at being a faster, easier and simpler version of a bank - we’re focused on creating better financial outcomes for our customers by changing the definition of what a bank can be and do. We’re building a digital finance department for every small business in America with our business bank account as its foundation.
Our mission is to build a business banking and financial management platform that lets anyone run a successful small business. Our team deeply believes in the transformative power of entrepreneurship and wants to democratize taking ownership of your economic independence.
We ❤ our customer operations. As our KYC Senior Specialist you’ll help us build the future of banking. Reporting to our Director of Trust & Safety, you’ll be joining a team who have helped build companies like Chime, Twitter, Instacart, E-Trade, McKinsey, Etsy, eBay and more.
We’re a team of A-players who are all in on solving big, important problems. Feeling it?
Today, you might be an Onboarding or KYC Specialist. Because this role will be a key stakeholder in helping us build and iterate on an excellent onboarding model, you should be well-versed in the world of KYC and KYB. As a KYC Senior Specialist, you'll focus on application reviews, onboarding model performance, leveraging your on-the-ground knowledge to identify and highlight emerging trends, and work with internal and external stakeholders as needed to support NorthOne's Compliance program.
The skills required for this role -
- You have worked closely with external data and engineering teams to implement and/or iterate on, onboarding and enhanced due diligence models for financial service companies. (Examples include best-in-class tools such as Sardine, Alloy, SEON, Sift, etc).
- You have 2+ years of experience working in Fintech or banking KYC operations, with direct experience implementing or iterating onboarding models.
- You have an eye for detail while conducting reviews quickly and accurately, and/or while interpreting data.
- You're able to navigate ambiguity; comfortable with the idea of informed risk-taking.
- You have excellent written communication skills that create a positive customer experience, even when a customer turns out to not be a great fit.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, geographically-distributed environment
- You have the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, as needed
Bonus points -
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Looker preferred, but including Tableau, Periscope, Redash, Mode, etc)
- Experience scaling onboarding teams and models
- You have worked in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- You come from a family of small business owners
- You have a non-traditional or diverse background (personal or professional). You’ve lived a life that is different, where you've been challenged or have chosen to challenge yourself
As a valuable member of NorthOne’s team, you’ll get:
- Family coverage of top-tier health/dental benefits: Get the right coverage for what matters most.
- Remote-first work: You decide where you work. You can work from home, visit one of our in person hubs, or work while you travel.
- Professional development budget: Enjoy an annual budget to deepen your expertise
- Unlimited paid time off: We measure success around outcomes, not hours worked.
- Powerful gear: We’ll make sure you have the right tech to do your best work.
- Market range for this role at NorthOne is $50,000 - $60,000. This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy.
Few people have been trained for this sort of role and research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they haven’t satisfied every requirement. If you are this close to what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.