Senior QA Engineer
NorthOne is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our high performing team 🚀. We are a remote-first venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is reshaping financial services and banking for small businesses across America. We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and are solving important problems.
Our product & mission
NorthOne is a business banking and financial management platform for small businesses across America. We don’t stop at being a faster, easier and simpler version of a bank - we’re focused on creating better financial outcomes for our customers by changing the definition of what a bank can be and do. We’re building a digital finance department for every small business in America with our business bank account as its foundation.
Our mission is to build a business banking and financial management platform that lets anyone run a successful small business. Our team deeply believes in the transformative power of entrepreneurship and wants to democratize taking ownership of your economic independence.
We ❤ Engineering. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will play an integral role in building, scaling, and optimizing our QA test automation and bring best practices to all testing processes. You will join our high performing team and report to the Senior Engineering Manager, while also benefiting from our incredible advisors and experienced management team, who have helped create and scale companies like Chime, Twitter, Instacart, E-Trade, McKinsey, Etsy, eBay and more.
We’re a team of A-players who are all in on solving big, important problems. Feeling it?
Today you might be a Senior QA Engineer, Senior Test Engineer, Senior Test Automation Developer, Software Developer in Test, or the equivalent in your company… or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind. The most important characteristic of our Senior QA Engineer is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that with a growth mindset and great teamwork, you can figure anything out.
The skills required for this role -
- 5+ years experience in contributing to web and mobile test automation development using technologies such as:
- 5+ years experience working with agile Product Development teams on complex features, where you built a deep understanding of the customer experience and expected product behavior
- You have taken the lead on designing, building, and maintaining test automation libraries that meet business needs
- You have a deep understanding of performance optimizations for tests in a cloud environment, such as:
- You're a strong communicator and collaborator
- You’re highly organized, especially when it comes to team processes, documentation, and bug tracking
- You’re great at troubleshooting problems and removing instability in tests
- You have experience working on an Agile team with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- You consistently work to upgrade your own knowledge of the latest QA technology, tooling, and methodologies, and you inspire others to follow
Bonus points -
- You have tested products at scale in a SaaS, Payments, or FinTech industry
- Experience testing backend systems and APIs
- You have familiarity with AWS technologies and/or modern coding languages or frameworks, ie. ReactJS, ReactNative, Typescript, NodeJS, Python
- You come from a family of small business owners
- You have a non-traditional or diverse background (personal or professional). You’ve lived a life that is different, where you've been challenged or have chosen to challenge yourself
If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
As a valuable member of NorthOne’s team, you’ll get:
- Family coverage of top-tier health/dental benefits: Get the right coverage for what matters most.
- Remote-first work: You decide where you work. You can work from home, visit one of our in person hubs, or work while you travel.
- Professional development budget: Enjoy an annual budget to deepen your expertise.
- Unlimited paid time off: We measure success around outcomes, not hours worked.
- Powerful gear: We’ll make sure you have the right tech to do your best work.
- Market range for this role at NorthOne is 110K-125K. This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy.
Few people have been trained for this sort of role and research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they haven’t satisfied every requirement. If you are this close to what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.