Engineering Team Lead
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Noibu is Canada’s Capital city’s fastest-growing technology company. We help brands recover millions of dollars in lost sales every day by helping them detect, manage and resolve critical errors on their online store. You may have heard of some of our customers like Levi’s, Champion, Air Transat, Guess, and Jelly Belly.
The tenet of our culture has been ‘People First’ from Day 1. Our Employee Satisfaction Survey scores have consistently been the highest in our city year over year and we're always striving on being better!
About the Team:
Software engineering at Noibu is flexible in its approach with an emphasis on shipping. We believe in moving fast and shipping features our customers will love.
As a Software Development Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of 4-5 developers across the stack. You’ll be tasked with people leadership as well as software development contributions. Our stream-aligned squads are responsible for taking a feature from ideation to completion and you’ll be leading them to success!
What you've done:
- You’ve successfully led software development teams by providing feedback, support and mentorship.
- You have correlated your team's work to business success/performance (retention, customer acquisition)
- Have tracked velocity with metrics to measure individual and team success (experience with DORA metrics is a bonus).
- Are able to quickly review designs and provide feedback to your team
Who you are:
- A engineering team lead, with 4 years of experience
- Are a strong full-stack developer, able to jump in and write lines of code.
- You are a force multiplier for your team, driving velocity and ensuring the team is moving in the right direction.
- A mentor/coach, helping individuals on your team grow. Are familiar with SaaS metrics.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments
What you'll be measured on:
- Being a force multiplier for your team (check DORA)
- Team throughput (check DORA)
- Team engagement and happiness
- DORA metrics (Change Failure Rate, Delivery per week, Change Lead Time)
Why should you consider Noibu?
🦄 We’re working to be Ottawa’s next Unicorn
Noibu is going to impact billions of shoppers. By joining our small team on the ground floor, you have the opportunity to do something amazing with us and grow more than you even realize is possible.
We're a pay for impact company that is striving to lead the market in regards to compensation. Outside of your base salary, you have access to our Employee Stock Option Plan and potential variable pay or bonus arrangements.
🕰️ Unlimited Time Off & Flexible Working Style
In addition to unlimited time off, we enforce an annual minimum of 3 weeks for all employees and have a company wide holiday shut down every year. Our flexible working style means you get to choose the hours that work best for you.
🦷 Benefits from Day 1
Imagine having to wait 3 months into your new job to go to the dentist? Never at Noibu. We hired you. We believe in you, and everyone gets access to all benefits, perks, and allowances from their first day with us 🤝
🎉 Fun & Engagement
Lots of companies preach having fun, but we seriously do walk the walk. Think things like Monthly Company-Wide & Team-Specific Socials, frequent post-work Happy Hours, and a MAJOR annual Holiday Party 🎄
...Plus much, much more.
If you have experience that’s close to what we outlined but think you might be missing a couple of things, apply anyway! 🚀 What’s the worst that could happen? Noibu looks for people with exceptional potential, and we know that this takes many forms.
At Noibu, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, supported, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We encourage all applicants to indicate their preferred pronouns on their application (e.g. she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).