Technical Sales Account Executive (AE)
Technical Sales Account Executive (AE)
Position: Technical Sales Account Executive (Full-time)
Location: Seattle Metro Area
Experience: 3+ years of experience selling scientific capital equipment
Education: Science degree, Masters or PhD
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate Technical Sales Account Executive with a strong desire to be a part of our growing company. You will be responsible for promoting, developing and selling our growing scientific instrument, software, reagent and service portfolios. You have a passion for providing high level scientific solutions and are excited by visiting top research labs. You will work closely with our internal cross functional teams including marketing, product, customer success, finance, research and development as well as partner directly with our field application scientist team. We expect the Sales Technical Account Executive to take ownership and build strong account and customer relationships within their territory. Our ideal candidate has a science degree and 3+ years of experience selling and demonstrating scientific capital equipment. Experience working at a small, fast-growing company would be an asset. Experience with label free technology is not required but would be an asset.
Who you are:
You are excited by a challenge and you’re a life-long learner. You are self motivated and focused on driving commercial success. You love working with people and you want to help researchers get the data they need to make scientific discoveries and improve human life by developing the next critical therapeutic treatment. You like stepping out of your comfort zone while also keeping track of your day-to-day tasks. You want to be part of a thriving small team and you have great communication skills. Current knowledge of CRM (SFDC preferred) and comfort level with basic software platforms is required. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on tackling challenging problems. You’re a quick learner and you know when to move on from something when it isn’t working. You have to be a team player open to working collaboratively with others towards a common goal. You are looking to grow your career at an exciting biotech company! You will foster our mission to “Improve human life by helping scientists succeed”.
What you will do:
- Manage geographical sales territory utilizing both personal relationships and company documentation
- Partial ownership of lead generation, local marketing activities and functional self promotion
- Identify customer needs by defining gaps with their current workflow
- Consultative approach to manage customers complex needs
- Perform successful demonstrations of Nicoya products through partnerships with cross functional teams
- Full ownership of the lead to order process with a focus on closing orders and shortening the sales cycle
- Manage territory through use of SFDC
- Work closely with the Nicoya cross functional teams to build the sales pipeline
- Field based position requiring travel covering all academic, biotech and pharmaceutical accounts
- Form collaborations with key opinion leaders, build long term relationships with all accounts
- Perform technical presentations at customer sites/remotely
- Help drive adoption of Nicoya Label Free detection products
Our ideal candidate has:
- Hands-on experience selling biochemical and biophysical analysis instrumentation
- Excited and motivated to travel
- 3+ years of experience in a sales role for scientific instruments or other technical products
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to work with people in a variety of situations
- An enthusiastic attitude while demonstrating dedication to hard work and the ability to perform under pressure, able to adapt to last-minute changes
- Previous experience with CRM software (SFDC preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to be able to perform a wide variety of tasks effectively
Nicoya’s mission is to improve human life by helping scientists succeed. We are a fast-paced, rapidly growing company with a worldwide presence based in Kitchener, Ontario. We have a team of world-class engineers, scientists, and designers building disruptive products to help researchers make their next big discovery. Our newest product, Alto, is a scientific instrument for the biotechnology research and drug discovery industry. It provides detailed information on molecular interactions using optical nanosensor technology known as localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR). It is the first SPR instrument on the market to incorporate Digital Microfluidics technology which has disrupted an industry that has been primarily dominated by highly expensive and complex instrumentation. We recently raised $10 million in Series A funding to boost development, sales and marketing initiatives for Alto.
Nicoya is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
In your application, please include your resume along with a cover letter. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.