Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Say hello to Newton — Canada's first low-cost cryptocurrency trading platform. We see a future where financial systems are open to everyone and built to empower people to embrace financial freedom. We believe cryptocurrency plays a role in that future, so we're making it more accessible to Canadians.
Newton team members are spread out across Canada within a fully-remote capacity.
We are looking for an exceptional individual for a Product Management Lead role to help us continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. As a leader in the product team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a talented and passionate group of individuals in small cross-functional teams to elevate our user's experience. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a small team of junior PM’s, designers, and product ops, while owning and overseeing multiple product portfolios and drive their success. You will provide guidance and mentorship to your team members, ensuring their professional growth and development while collaborating closely with stakeholders to define product strategies, set goals, and prioritize tasks. Together, you will drive the successful execution of new features and shape the product through iterations of development cycles, user research, user acceptance, and live releases to production.
Your main responsibilities will involve working closely with development teams as a product owner, gathering product requirements, prioritizing feature implementation, conducting user research, and envisioning the end state customer experience. Our ideal candidate should combine a technical background with business or marketing experience, along with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Lead and manage a small team of junior product managers, designers, and product operations analysts providing guidance, mentorship, and support to team members, fostering their professional growth.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategies and goals.
- Oversee the planning and execution of new features through a product vision while ensuring alignment across stakeholders.
- Gather product requirements and prioritize feature implementation based on user needs and market trends.
- Lead and scale our user research function to gain insights and validate product decisions.
- Envision and communicate the end state customer experience to guide the product's development.
- Ensure product metrics are at the center of our decision making process to identify areas for improvement.
- Own quality assurance for and controls on the user experience product ensuring a consistent world class experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a product manager, preferably in a leadership or management role.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience, digital design, and technology.
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence or similar project management software.
- Startup experience or a strong passion for working in a startup environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with a SaaS platform is a plus.
- Experience working in Crypto or financial services is a plus.
- Experience with web development or cloud platforms is a plus.
At Newton, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!