Senior Solutions Architect
Remote · Canada
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
We’re building our Nest!
Where you’ll be: Working remotely, anywhere in Canada (in EST)
Your Role: Senior Solutions Architect
Reporting to: Andrei Papaz
Who We Are:
Founded in 2014, Nest Wealth created Canada's first SaaS-based digital wealth management platform to ensure investors have access to sophisticated, personalized and transparent wealth management services. Nest Wealth is Canada’s largest independent digital wealth management platform, offering both direct-to-investor and advanced business-to-business solutions.
Finding amazing people is one of the hardest parts of building a successful company. That’s why we take our culture and our people seriously. We are a proud recipient of ‘Great Place to Work’ for the past 3 years, ‘Best Workplaces for Inclusion’, ‘Best Workplaces in Technology’, and ‘Best Workplaces in Canada’ and we've recently been recognized as part of the top 10 scaling startups in Canada by CIX.
Before you apply, get an inside look into our culture and learn from team members who discuss what we’re building, recent problems we’ve solved, how/why we’ve made changes to our tech stack and what it’s like joining our team!
Nest Wealth is looking to expand our team by 1! We are searching for an innovative and experienced Senior Solutions Architect to join the Nest. As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will be the visionary force behind our technological solutions. If you thrive on architecting intricate systems, driving technical excellence, and delivering strategic impact, let’s chat!
Why we need your expertise:
- You thrive when designing and implementing comprehensive solutions to complex business problems
- You are AWS-certified
- You are proficient in NodeJS, Angular, webpack, and module federation
- You are well experienced with various architectures such as: Microservices architectures (API/REST, DDD, Micro Frontend), Event-based architectures (using Kafka), Multi-tenant architectures (SaaS), Authentication architectures & technologies (OAuth, Cognito, Okta), Cloud architecture & infrastructure (AWS: MSK, API Gateway, Lambda, etc., Terraform)
- You’ve successfully led small engineering teams
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
How you will make an impact:
- Manage the design and implementation of a business's enterprise architecture to create an automated platform and framework that allows for continuous integration and deployment
- Design, employ, and incorporate information systems that will optimize and align with an organization's current systems infrastructure
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders - clients, engineers, product teams, and design teams to gather necessary information and provide innovative, scalable solutions
- Deep understanding of various technologies and architectural patterns
- Provide leadership and guidance to the technical team
- Research and build proof of concepts
- Research and propose new technologies and solutions for the team
- Commitment: Embody our 4CE (Force) values! You are: Conscientious, Comfortable with Ambiguity, Competitive, Curious, and Expeditious.
It would be GREAT if you had:
- Kubernetes experience
- Data Architecture experience
- Security Architecture (MPT and related) experience
- FinTech experience (Banking, Insurance, Wealth Management)
Why is this role unique:
- Opportunity to research emerging technologies and influence multiple products
- Opportunity to explore related disciplines such as data and security architecture
- Performing hands-on development as well as design & architect
How can you grow:
- Continual internal mobility opportunities as we scale
- Learning and development stipend to put towards professional development
- Dedicated Udemy D.E.A.L Days (Drop Everything And Learn)
- Company-wide lunch & learns across the organization to learn more about FinTech
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer support for you, professionally and personally:
Flexibility: An engaging remote-first culture in Canada coast-to-coast. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them
Comprehensive Compensation & Benefits: A competitive total compensation package that includes variable bonus, health and dental benefits, group savings (RRSP) plan, 3 weeks vacation, 10 days PTO.
Nest Wealth Equity: An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building
Learning & Development: Udemy Business license, $1000 L&D stipend to put towards professional development, Lunch & Learn opportunities, continual company wide workshops
Support for Growing Families: We welcome new additions with a generous parental leave top-up
A Connected team: Our social committee knows how to bring the fun! Team bonding game nights, workouts, wellness workshops, cooking classes and more.
Social Impact: We partner with Troop to help us make a tangible difference in the lives of our neighbours who need it most. Each month we donate $1000 to a local charity and best of all, we get to see how our support is creating an impact in our community. We also have an Employee-Driven Resource Group (NWomen); two paid volunteer days annually.
What you can expect with our interview process:
We understand interviewing can be a daunting experience, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Here is a step by step guide on what interviewing with us looks like:
1. 30 min “get to know you” interview with our Talent Team
2. 60 min “Meet the Hiring Manager” interview with our Chief Product Officer and VP of Architecture
3. 60 min design challenge interview with our Solutions Architect, VP of Architecture, and Chief Product Officer
Our ideal time-to-hire is 28 days, we try our best to provide an efficient, engaging and enjoyable interview experience. All interviews are over video via Google Meet.
We’re pretty self aware as a company, and we know there are some areas where we can do better:
Process: The Company is growing fast in all aspects, which is great. We are one of the Top 25 fastest growing private companies in Canada over the last 4 years. The hard part is that we don’t have the processes of a big company in place yet. We are counting on our people to help create that process, stand-up better efficiencies, and adjust quickly as we grow.
Challenges ahead: We have pivoted to where we see the best and biggest opportunity as an enterprise & B2B solution. This requires rigour, discipline and planning from the entire team as we address the functionality and features of our platform and like any pivots, there have been a few bumps in the road.
Transition: This is the key to our success and our ability to scale but there will be short-term challenges in making this transition. We are revisiting everything from marketing collateral, pricing, and the go-to-market plan - and calibrating it all to sync up with the strategy. That is a lot to do in a short period of time!
We believe in everyone.
At Nest Wealth, we commit to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our company is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard, and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively advance our collective capabilities.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.