Director, Capital Markets (Mortgages and Loans)
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
As a Director, Capital Markets (Mortgages and Loans), you’ll be responsible for ensuring that Neo has the appropriate funders for its loan originations across mortgages and loans. This position will be a leader within the senior finance team to help define and implement capital markets strategies that incorporate product, pricing, pipeline management, and interest rate risk management across the organization for all loan and mortgage products. This is a new role in the company and crucial to the growth of Neo.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the third-party investors and Neo’s loan sale business, including setting up a securitization program from the ground up
- Source new investors across banks, investment dealers, credit unions, and pension plans across all loan types that Neo offers (credit card receivables and mortgages today)
- Oversee and manage liquidity and interest rate risk strategy, including executing hedge transactions as needed
- Assist in determining pricing strategy to optimize profitability and growth, working alongside mortgage and loans team
Who we're looking for:
- A business leader with experience building investor/aggregator relationships across loan products, with a strong network
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience with diverse and complex financial assets in Capital Markets for residential mortgages (issuing RMBS, selling into CMB program), whole loan sales, or forward flow programs
- Entrepreneurial DNA - comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with major challenges along the way with poise
- Strategic thinker with a strong ‘business sense’
- Excellent EQ - managing relationships with a large external network of partners
- Bias towards action - we’re not looking for just a “strategy” person - we’re looking for someone to translate that strategy into an actionable plan and flawlessly execute and iterate on it
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.