Head of PR & Communications
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
As the Head of PR & Communications, you will develop and execute external and internal engagement activities. You will be responsible for managing all day-to-day communications activities, including a variety of high-visibility press, influencer and thought leadership programs designed to drive awareness, engagement and brand equity. This is a hands-on role in which you will work closely with senior leadership and Neo’s People team to advise, influence and prepare both internal and external communications, ensuring information flows in a timely and effective manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- You direct and implement an integrated strategic external relations approach to support and advance the business strategy
- You draft written content, including press releases for mass media and company website content
- You liaise with the media to handle requests for interviews and statements
- You coordinate and prepare the company’s team members for public appearances and events
- You proactively identify challenges and emerging issues, and maintain issues management and incident response plans to be executed as needed
- You collaborate with our People Team to develop and execute innovative internal communication strategies, ensuring timely flow of information and amplification of culture
- You support senior leadership in the planning and execution of activities to foster mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders so that our interactions are strategic, coordinated, and consistent
- You assist in communication of strategies and messages from senior leadership
- You ensure all communication is cohesive and aligned with brand image
Who we are looking for:
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, or other relevant disciplines
- You possess 5+ years of experience in role specializing in external and internal communications, including written communications
- You have experience advising and preparing senior leaders for external and internal communications
- You have a proven ability to work well under pressure and creatively solve problems, particularly in a lean, start-up style environment
- Experience in issues management is an asset
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.