Senior People Business Partner
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
What you'll be doing:
- Build strategic partnerships with leaders by developing a deep knowledge and understanding of their business drivers, challenges and needs
- Work closely with senior leadership and the greater People team to roll out data-driven, large scale people initiatives
- Develop action plans to improve the talent health of the business area and deploy employee engagement strategies
- Partner with business leaders to evolve organizational structures and talent strategies for short and long term scalability
- Develop workforce optimization strategies and plans with leadership teams that align to business outcomes and strategic direction
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop their workforce planning forecasts to optimize for the growing areas of their business
- Identify solutions that drive a high performance culture and use your influencing skills to get buy-in from stakeholders
- Cultivate positive, trust-based working relationships across the business at all levels and model Neo’s high performance culture
- Provide leadership coaching and development opportunities to empower leaders to enhance their skills and drive organizational success.
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in strategic HR position, consulting and/or business advisory
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field
- You have strong diagnostic skills followed by the ability to evaluate alternatives and to develop recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional challenges
- You bring strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery of high impact initiatives, processes, and policies
- You are open, approachable and an excellent listener with a proven ability to build trust and influence leaders and teams
- You demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and resiliency in day-to-day work
What will help you succeed:
- You have a proven ability to excel in a fast-paced collaborative work environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- You bring a combination of HR experience in the following areas: workforce planning, business consultation, organizational design, employee relations, performance management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, total rewards, organizational effectiveness and employment law
- You’re adaptable and a high-achiever who’s energized by a growing Canadian tech company
- You take ownership of your work, can prioritize business needs and take pride in getting things done
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check