Director, Deposits Pricing
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
The Director, Deposits Pricing is responsible for providing customized pricing solutions for Neo Deposits products with focus on portfolio pricing priorities. The role leverages pricing expertise, knowledge of Deposit products, process, data and relationships to provide special pricing insights on portfolio level projects as well as having the expertise to make decisions for new clients, renewals and proposals, and for retail deposits.
This is an instrumental role that primarily supports coordinated portfolio wide efforts in driving deposits growth and contribution margin in a highly competitive digital deposits environment. Furthermore, the incumbent can assist the broader Pricing Committee in driving client acquisition, deepening existing relationships to ensure a steady revenue and deposits growth and positive client experience. For new initiatives or priority business requirements, the incumbent works directly with executive leadership to review and approve pricing structure and approaches.
What you’ll be Doing
- Support the Deposits leadership team on portfolio wide pricing initiatives and customer/segment repricing recommendations. Provide data driven and client centric pricing decisions for Deposit products. Ensure that pricing decisions consistently consider overall client value to Neo, current economic conditions, market trends, product utilization, and delivery channels.
- Ensure that pricing decisions maximize deposit volumes, provide steady revenue growth, diversify revenue sources, deepen client relationships, and ensure profitability. Escalate complex pricing requests to ensure alignment on optimal pricing decisions.
- Leverage analytics to identify client and sub-segment profitability, revenue leakage and opportunities with deposits, lending and payment clients with special targeting or (non-standard) pricing. Provide recommendations to ensure stable Deposits revenue growth.
- Utilize data and analytic tools to identify stable revenue opportunities, optimizing the acquisition of core Deposit clients with the management of transactional/price sensitive clients and working with Marketing to implement related strategies.
- Liaise with Marketing and Operations to ensure correct and timely implementation of approved pricing changes and enhancements.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis on Deposits portfolio composition, pricing structures, promotional rates, cash incentives, deposits behaviours, treasury & FTP treatment and client relationship with Neo. Use the results to refine the Deposits pricing model, update model assumptions, and provide optimal pricing decisions.
- Provide support to business partners with regards to product pricing and facilitate training sessions as needed on pricing system and process.
- Leverage analytics to enhance pricing decisions, deepen client relationships and deepen the understanding of the pricing landscape and opportunities.
- Drive deeper customer relationships by championing a client focused culture and leverage broader bank relationships to assist marketing, the business units and product in deepening client relationships and/or winning new core Deposits clients.
Who we're Looking for
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics, and/or Applied Science
- Graduate degree or financial designation is preferred
- 3-5 years experience in Financial Modeling, Proposal Writing, Pricing roles, and/or Banking Products Sales
- Deep knowledge of Deposits, Investments & cash management products, pricing strategies, data & analytics, business processes, product CX, sales processes and business clients
- Close collaboration with partners from different areas of the bank (i.e. Product, Engineering, Data, Finance)
- In depth knowledge of client on-boarding, pricing implementation, pricing proposal
- Advanced skills in SQL, VBA and/or Power BI
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.