Director, Lending (Finance Business Partner)
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone…
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
We are looking for a senior level individual to join our Finance - Business Partner team. This individual will work closely with leaders across Neo’s business units to help them manage their P&Ls by understanding the current trends, risks, and opportunities in their individual areas. They will also coordinate closely with the Corporate FP&A team to ensure accurate board and investor reporting.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as a strategic and financial advisor to the lending business unit; using your understanding of Neo’s P&L to identify opportunities to drive the growth and profitability of Neo’s lending portfolio
- Own Lending business units’ financial forecasting model by working closely with the business unit teams to understand and forecast key business drivers
- Manage KPI reporting for the business unit, providing visibility to key profit drivers and the levers that influence them.
- Identify and build business cases for initiatives and new products to achieve the financial forecasts within Neo’s business plan
- Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure clean month-end close for the business unit
- Build relationships with various teams including Risk Management and Collections and Centralized teams such as Growth and Fraud Strategy to understand current trends and initiatives to build robust assumptions in the forecasting model
- Liaise with business unit teams to investigate and understand reasons for variances in actual values vs forecasted values and reflect in commentary in periodic reporting
- Apply strong analytical skills, judgment, attention to detail, and creativity to effectively solve problems
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 7 years of Finance and / or Analytics experience at a fast-growing organization
- Preference given to experience working within a lending business
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
- CPA, CFA or an MBA is an asset
- Expertise in financial modeling for financial institutions. Should understand credit risk factors and how they impact financial statements
- Presentations: experience in putting together presentation materials for Executives and Boards
- Analytics: go beyond numbers to identify trends and opportunities by using your Excel skills
- Having experience with BI tools and SQL will prove advantageous
- FP&A / Accounting relation: enjoy working closely with the Accounting team to perform variance analysis and to ensure clean monthly close
- People Skills: experience working with business unit teams to identify trends and P&L performance improvement opportunities
- Ability to develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for various levels of consumption ranging from board members to team members across the company
Working at Neo
At Neo Financial, we're empowering people to accelerate their careers toward hyper-growth and helping them reach their full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We encourage our team members to take ownership of their work and to bring their unique ideas and perspectives to the table. Our dynamic and fast-paced environment allows for endless learning and advancement opportunities.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone thrives. We’re a financial institution, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.