Total Rewards Lead
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Total Rewards Lead to join our People Operations Team. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, the Total Rewards Lead will play a key role in designing, implementing and managing Neo’s Total Rewards programs with a focus on compensation and equity. This role will be responsible for ensuring our total rewards strategy aligns with organizational goals and industry best practices while driving innovation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive additional interest in the equity compensation plans at Neo and lead organizational wide communications enabling & leveraging equity understanding.
- Provide education and support to employees on compensation and equity inquiries.
- Communicate total rewards policies, programs and changes to employees.
- Host Equity FAQ sessions and maintain all tools related to employee program education.
- Lead compensation conversations with new hires and existing employees.
- Prepare and analyze reports on total rewards metrics for senior leadership.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and implement new equity plan technologies.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing plan offerings based on industry trends and employee needs.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including HR, legal, finance, and payroll, to ensure seamless equity & compensation administration.
- Conduct market research and analysis to ensure our compensation packages remain competitive and aligned with industry standards.
- Provide guidance on compensation-related matters, including job evaluations and salary negotiations.
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to equity compensation.
- Oversee payroll processing and equity administration, including leading the Payroll Specialist and Compensation & Equity Specialist.
- Participate in special projects for the People Team as required.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of proven experience in compensation and equity roles, with a track record of designing and implementing successful compensation programs.
- In-depth knowledge of compensation and equity principles, practices, and regulations.
- Deep focus on process refinement and control to help scale programs.
- Experience with the Shareworks platform is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in using compensation survey data and market analysis tools.
- Experience within start-up environments through to IPO considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a results-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and summarize data visualization to inform business decisions
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check