Director, Growth & Planning
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gather customer behaviour insights by working closely with the data team
- Jointly own and build a data driven growth strategy in close collaboration with the Head of Marketing
- Understand and make recommendations to enhance performance of growth channels, including payback and customer acquisition costs
- Conduct research and analysis to support and implement marketing and growth strategies
- Maintain Neo's 5 year forecast for customer growth and marketing spend forecast
- Conduct regular reporting via weekly dashboards on strategy execution. Identify gaps and propose strategic changes to bridge gaps.
- Own the monthly reporting process to the CFPA
- Work closely with other business units to strategically allocate marketing budget and own the responsibility to ensure that business units maintain the implemented strategy
- Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure a clean month-end closing process
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 7 years of Marketing analytics experience at a fast-growing organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
- CFA or an MBA is an asset
- Proven expertise in Marketing Analytics and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience in creating and delivering presentations to Executives and Boards
- Ability to go beyond the numbers to identify trends and opportunities by using Excel skills
- Liaise closely with the Accounting and FP&A teams to perform variance analysis and to ensure clean monthly close
- Demonstrated experience working with business units to identify trends and P&L performance improvement opportunities along with strong stakeholder management
- Develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for various levels of consumption ranging from board members to team members across the company
- Prior experience within a high-paced, fast growing organization or a professional services environment is a plus
- Prior experience with BI tools and SQL will be advantageous
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.