Associate, Strategic Finance
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
Neo is looking for an Associate, Strategic Finance to join the Finance team in our Calgary headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible for providing a high level overview of Neo at the corporate level to board members and senior leadership. You will work closely with key stakeholders and ensure that we are telling the right story to our investors. You will be contributing to our innovative, strategic and high-performing team with a mission to improve the financial experience for all Canadians.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Strategic Finance team with creation of corporate planning materials
- This team is responsible for company-wide reporting to ensure an understanding of the business, as well as executive, board and investor reporting
- Work with the Finance team to gain understanding of how key levers drive the business
- Run scenario analysis and financial modelling to prepare and refine dynamic presentation materials for various business initiatives and to critical stakeholders
- Be strategically plugged into the market to understand investor needs, and conduct internal and external research to drive and support hypotheses
- Work closely with executive team, and build relationships with stakeholders across the company
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of two years experience in Corporate Finance (e.g. Investment Banking, Private Equity)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field. CFA, CBV, and CPA designations are considered a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment
- Sound understanding of corporate risk assessment, financial planning and modelling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a proven self-starter, with the ability to work independently with limited oversight
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.