Customer Experience Specialist, On Site
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
Our Customer Experience team is a group of top performers who work in a highly collaborative setting to ensure advancement of our systems and delivery of the highest quality experience. Think of it this way - when the person you care about most in the world reaches out to us for support, what type of experience do you want them to have? Bingo. That’s what our team strives to create for every customer. Yes we’re part of a financial institution, but on this team we create value through interactions, not transactions.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’re the first point of contact with Neo’s customers (current or future) for our full suite of products, communicating with them through omni channels including live chat and phone
- You’re a relationship owner - You elevate interactions into fruitful conversations that make customers realize they’re speaking with an ally
- You use passion for Neo’s products to educate and assist customers in finding long-term solutions for their needs
- You champion the voice of our customers, sharing feedback internally to drive continuous improvements to our experience and products
- You flag suggestions forward to your leadership team - If something’s not working, you look for a change
- You soak up knowledge like a sponge, and you want to learn more about the financial banking landscape
Who we are looking for:
- You have 5 or more years of experience in a customer-facing role, whether physically or digitally
- You have an investigative mindset, and you’re elated every time you seek out innovative solutions to your customer’s issues
- You enjoy learning new technologies, and you have experience sharing your learnings with others
- You live for a little self competition. You’re always looking for opportunities to learn and new challenges to tackle and strive to meet performance objectives and productivity targets
- You understand the importance of adding value to customers through additional service offerings that meet their needs
- Change doesn’t phase you, in fact it excites you, because you know it represents growth
- A Bachelors degree in a related field is an asset
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.