Specialist, Finance Transformation
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
Neo Financial is looking for a Specialist, Finance Special Projects to join our Finance team in Calgary, AB. As our next Specialist, Finance Special Projects, you will play a key role in ensuring Neo’s new products have the proper financial and regulatory reporting considerations. Using your in-depth knowledge and business driven mindset, you will make recommendations to optimize products and enhancements from an accounting lens.
What you'll be doing
- Support our Product and Finance teams by gathering and articulating complex requirements related to new features or products from an accounting perspective
- Analyze data, troubleshoot problems, build documents and participate in quality assurance to optimize the intersection of product and engineering for every product release
- Assist in the accounting operationalization of new products and features, which may involve the creation of new accounting entities
- Collaborate with our Product team to ensure we’re building the right product with the proper financial and regulatory reporting considerations
- Participate in product ideation, planning, prioritizing, estimation and risk management
- Be a constant source of positivity, inspiration, and vision that keeps others on track and operating at their best
- Prioritize and sequence any backlog according to business value
Who We're Looking For
- You bring a professional accounting designation, with a strong knowledge of external and regulatory reporting requirements
- You are an excellent communicator with great writing skills and an organized, analytical approach to their work
- You are a humble hard worker willing to roll up their sleeves to learn about Neo's customers and help move the needle at a startup
- You have a passion for building world-class products with a world-class team
- If you have prior start-up or product experience, business analytics, management consulting, systems or engineering background, this is an asset
- You have experience building and executing against roadmap items
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.