Senior Fraud Investigator
Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone.
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Canada’s top-rated credit card
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with — and ultimately, for our customers.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
Our Financial Crimes team navigates through a fast-paced environment and knows how to switch gears to adapt to any scenario. They’re motivated leaders who want to make things better, simpler, and stronger. The Fraud Investigator is a data-driven Fraud expert who meticulously presents findings to leadership, while growing Neo’s reputation across the banking landscape.
What you’ll be doing:
- You identify small, medium and large scale patterns of fraud activity within case management solutions and back end databases
- You build thoughtful and professionally written incident reports and deliver them to senior leadership audiences
- You collaborate with technical teams to forecast solutions for fraud activity, contributing to proactive and scalable crime prevention
- You keep your pulse on the market, staying up to date on all the latest trends in Fraud, and leverage this knowledge towards everyday decision making within your team and across the company
- You coordinate with other professionals across the industry to grow Neo’s presence
Who we’re looking for:
- You have more than 5 years of experience combatting fraud across a variety of banking products
- You’re a data master, you leverage your SQL skills to identify patterns
- You like to role play, putting yourself in the shoes of criminals and thinking as they do so you can better defend against them
- Your verbal and written communication skills are defined as strengths by your current and former employers
- You have strong knowledge of general fraud typologies, and mitigating tactics for those typologies
- You’re curious - you enjoy asking questions to identify the root cause of problems
Working at Neo
Joining Neo means betting on yourself and discovering your full potential. As individuals and as a team, we continually challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work. We’re making change happen at a rapid pace — providing endless opportunities to sharpen your skills, expand your knowledge, and find new solutions to complex problems. That means rapid career progression and constant learning opportunities.
The people who thrive at Neo are resourceful, relentless, and want to win. We hold ourselves to high standards, because we’re on a mission that matters — to transform financial services for the better. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
We trust, respect, and show up for each other. That means truthful conversations, frequent feedback, and working with people who push you to be your best. We’re evolving quickly as an organization, we work together in person, and the pace of progress isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’re looking for change-makers who love a challenge — who would rather blaze a trail through uncertainty than travel a well-paved road.
Our team members earn meaningful equity in the company through stock options — so Neo’s growth benefits everyone who helps make it happen. That also means taking on more responsibility than you may have had at your last job. We don’t get hung up on job titles or hierarchy — we’re focused on doing what it takes to accomplish our mission.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone can thrive. Customers trust us with their finances, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.