Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone…
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
Neo Financial is looking for a Director, Strategy to join our team. Collaborate with fellow high-performing contributors with dynamic backgrounds to develop and execute strategies that will drive Neo’s growth. Our strategy team sits at the nexus of the company, working closely with Product, Growth, Operations, Partnerships, and Finance teams to identify the largest opportunities for our business and develop plans against them. We’re motivated leaders who want to make things better, simpler and stronger. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful leaders and tech minds.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop & evaluate business cases for new initiatives, features, and products; thinking through opportunity prioritization from a customer, financial, operational, product, and partnership lens
- Understand the competitive landscape within Canada and monitor developments of fintech globally to identify new opportunities and white-spaces for growth & innovation
- Own a pillar of Neo’s strategic roadmap, reviewing and prioritizing initiatives with business and product leaders and drive a portfolio of greenlit opportunities with accountability of performance through to completion
- Work closely with the FP&A team to ensure Neo’s financial forecast and roadmap are aligned; ensuring that initiatives planned and committed to are reflected in financial forecasts
- Lead development of large partnership opportunities and new business models, working to identify and support sales of new business opportunities
- Drive decision-making through the application of data-driven analysis, research and business judgment
Who we are looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience in top-tier consulting or internal strategy role
- Exceptional attention to detail and a focus on process rigor
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment
- High level of adaptability to a frequently changing professional and social working environment
- Experience working within PMO, TMO, or is an asset
- Experience advising senior leadership teams
- Experience leading initiatives with cross functional teams
- Experience working with Product, Engineering and Technical teams an asset
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to drive urgency while maintaining high quality of work
Working at Neo
At Neo Financial, we're empowering people to accelerate their careers toward hyper-growth and helping them reach their full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We encourage our team members to take ownership of their work and to bring their unique ideas and perspectives to the table. Our dynamic and fast-paced environment allows for endless learning and advancement opportunities.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone thrives. We’re a financial institution, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.