Director of Fraud Strategy
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo is looking for an experienced and data driven Fraud leader to join our team as a full-time Director of Fraud in our Calgary headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible for evolving and managing Neo’s Fraud framework, strategies, and practices across our suite of Consumer products. You’ll also work closely with key stakeholders including Fraud Operations, Product, and Customer Experience to balance fraud prevention and minimize customer friction. You’ll be contributing to our innovative, strategic, and high-performance team with a mission to improve the financial experience for all Canadians.
What you'll be doing:
- Be ultimately responsible for Neo’s Fraud loss performance while continually optimizing to balance fraud loss avoidance with false declines of new account applications and legitimate customer transactions
- Work closely with Fraud Operations to implement and monitor key detection and prevention levers
- Create and actively manage Fraud strategies; look for opportunities to measure, optimize and refine strategies using analysis. Ensuring strategies are delivering both optimal profitability; driving positive results on Fraud losses while minimizing impacts on new account and retail transactions volume
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure strategies are effective and aligned
- Own Fraud Strategies and make recommendations to senior leadership and implement recommended changes across different business units
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to integrate foundational Fraud practices
- Utilize analytical, data mining, and leadership skills to optimize Fraud risk/return
- Execute key objectives with external vendors as part of the Neo’s Fraud operations
- Implement superior client experience journeys throughout Fraud; coordinate with internal client experience teams to ensure Neo brand is evident
- Develop internal analytical frameworks to enhance Fraud effectiveness; integrating data sources, business reporting, exploiting advanced analytics
- Leverage industry best practices for continuous improvements
Who we're looking for:
- You’ll have 7+ years experience in fraud management including strategy, operations and analytics
- You are data-driven, eager to understand the numbers and provide meaningful insights
- Previous experience with Datavisor or like Fraud applications is required
- If you bring a knowledge of SQL, R or Python, this is highly preferred
- You have proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt communication to different audiences
- You’re a self-starter who is highly focused and driven to achieve business objectives
- You’re self-organized with the ability to operate independently and prioritize effectively
- You take a collaborative approach and with the ability to engage purposely with stakeholders
About applying with us:
:At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies. Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check.