Head of Product
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Our product team is made up of highly innovative visionaries who stop at nothing to develop cutting-edge technology and best-in-class experiences. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Head of Product to join our team in Calgary, AB. In this role, you'll lead the product vision, strategy, and execution for one of our financial product verticals. This is the right role for a hands-on product leader who brings clarity to ambiguity, who can balance the needs of the business and user, and who can seamlessly move between the 20,000 foot view and the 2 ft view multiple times every day. You'll possess strong leadership acumen, and ability to grow a team of effective product managers and hold them accountable to results. You'll also be a builder at heart who enjoys rolling up your sleeves to support your team.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with Business and Strategy teams to define the product vision for your vertical, and translate this into a roadmap that drives KPIs and P&L
- Approve high-level requirements, acceptance criteria and metrics that push the product strategy forward and achieve key objectives
- Build a high performing team; ensuring your product managers are prioritizing effectively, managing their stakeholders, and leading their cross-functional agile teams through the full build-measure-learn lifecycle
- Develop a deep understanding of our financial product stack from a user, technical, operations, business and design perspective; our leaders are hands-on and love to jump into the weeds to help their teams directly
- Lead the product development with engineering, product marketing, UX research, and product design teams to build the best Financial Services products in the market
- Participate in budget management throughout the year and the annual budget process
- Responsible for gathering feedback and communicating ongoing developments of the products you own up, down and across the company
- Evaluate qualitative and quantitative data related to the product experience to identify strategies, trends, and opportunities
- Engage with third party banking and technology partners to coordinate plans and roadmaps that will support continued product innovation
Who we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience working with software products
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role directly managing a team of 3+ product managers (e.g. Lead PM, GPM, Director, Head, etc)
- Prior start-up or product experience, systems or engineering background
- Experience with digital technologies, financial products, e-commerce, payments, or subscription businesses
- Take ownership over your work and outcomes with a passion for building world-class products and teams; ideally including experience at a scale of 100k+ users
- Have a deep desire to learn and improve by seeking, accepting and acting on productive feedback
- Experience working within financial technology companies or banking is an asset
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check.