Senior Specialist, Fraud Operations
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Our Financial Crimes team navigates through a fast-paced environment and knows how to switch gears to adapt to any scenario. They’re motivated leaders who want to make things better, simpler, and stronger. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful leaders and tech minds.
Senior Specialist, Financial Crimes is dedicated to the prevention, detection and reporting of financial crime activity to protect Neo and its customers. Our team consists of Financial Crime Operations, Financial Crime Analysts, Compliance, and Enterprise Risk Management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a key role in a functional workstream responsible for in-depth review and analysis of financial crime unusual activity across multiple use cases.
- Participate in the collection of evidence and information to be used for multiple purposes including incident reports, regulatory reporting, management information, and process improvements.
- Support the Fraud Management team in implementing the Fraud strategy, ensuring key controls are effective.
- Foster a collaborative environment with internal stakeholders as required, to ensure issues affecting the Fraud team are escalated and resolved.
- Build relationships with Neo partners and law enforcement agencies to develop a coordinated financial crime defense approach.
- Create business reports and incident briefs for both technical and non-technical stakeholders to effectively communicate financial crime risks and mitigation tactics.
What we are looking for:
- 7 years experience in the Financial Services industry, with at least 3 years working in a Financial Crimes role.
- Professional designation such as CFE or willingness to obtain one, would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of SQL is nice to have.
- Strong understanding of fraud techniques and trends, including mitigation measures.
- Intellectually curious. Enjoys investigating the root cause of problems and finding solutions.
- Advanced proficiency with G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
What will help you succeed:
- You like to role play, putting yourself in the shoes of criminals and trying to think as they do so you can better defend against them
- You are highly analytical, have strong attention to detail and ability to tackle complex problems
- You have a keen attention to detail, and like digging into the weeds to find the source of a problem
- You have entrepreneurial DNA - you're excited to build a business from the ground up, are comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity, and aren't discouraged by the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way
- You take ownership over your work and outcomes
- You're an effective communicator with strong organizational skills
- You’re passionate about building world-class products with a world-class team
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check