Director, Corporate Finance
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
As a Director Corporate Finance, you’ll be responsible for treasury and asset-liability management, including developing and implementing Policies and Procedures, Funding, Planning, and Reporting.
You will be responsible for collaboratively developing financial forecast models to align business operations with strategic goals and hold teams accountable for performance. You will work closely with all facets of the organization and act as conduit between operations and the leadership team.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with the VP of Corporate Finance on the evaluation of financing proposals for the Company, including deposit-taking strategies and pricing.
- Managing borrowing and optimizing cost of funds across the Company’s financing sources
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that related treasury and ALM activities are conducted in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Reviewing cash flows to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet operational requirements, procedural and regulatory compliance
- Preparation of reports and presentation materials to the Company’s Asset-Liability Committee (ALCO), Senior Management and Board of Directors
- Preparation of external and internal regulatory ALM reporting (e.g., liquidity coverage ratio, net stable funding ratio, net cumulative cash flow, risk-based capital ratios, liquidity gaps, net interest income sensitivities)
- Performing other related duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer or VP of Finance
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
- Post-graduate degree and/or CFA or CRM designation considered an asset
- 5+ Years working in a Treasury, Risk, or Finance function; preferably experienced in working in a risk management or quantitative role, or within a regulatory/ consultancy capacity
- Knowledge of balance sheet management, capital markets and banking products, and financial systems
- Prior experience related to interest rate risk, liquidity risk, treasury, or lending products
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal record and credit check.