Chief Anti Money Laundering Officer
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
We’re looking for an experienced Chief Anti Money Laundering Officer (CAMLO) to join our senior leadership team to continue building and scaling the business through our next phases of growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the safety, soundness, and reputation of the organization by reducing the likelihood that it will be used as a vehicle for, or become a victim of, financial crime. Ensure reporting obligations to FINTRAC and relevant banking partners are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Foster a culture of collaboration, transparency, integrity, compliance, and internal controls throughout the organization
- Establish documents and communicate standards, policies, processes, procedures and internal controls to manage Anti Money Laundering (AML)/Anti Terrorist Financing (ATF) processes and ensure all staff understand their responsibilities for complying with such policies, procedures and processes
- Oversee AML/ATF processes to ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements and maintain knowledge of all relevant
- Provide relevant reports to Board committees on at least a quarterly basis, keeping senior management and the Board informed about the operation of the regulatory AML program
- Implement AML Framework, including the creation of AML policies, procedures and review processes while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, relevant legislation and laws
- Monitor the effectiveness of the AML program, reviewing key controls on an on-going basis to determine areas of improvement and key gaps
- Assess new products and services for AML compliance risk
- Manage and support cross functional initiatives, including large scale implementations, to ensure projects have adequate AML representation and leadership
- Evaluate, improve and help build cross-company processes that are efficient and scalable; assist with crafting and realizing company policies and procedures that institutionalize proper controls
- Work with the management team to develop and execute AML business plans and roadmaps to ensure that the company attains its short and long-term growth objectives
- Maintain and increase knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) and FINTRAC regulations
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years’ experience in a bank or regulated entity in AML, Fraud management, regulatory relations or regulatory agency
- 5+ years in a leadership position
- A visionary who shapes agendas and priorities in and beyond their own domain. You are sought after for expertise and knowledge, and seen as a valuable resource to senior executives. You have outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A catalyst, connecting and inspiring action across your network to aspire for things that are greater than what we are doing today.
- Entrepreneurial DNA - comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with major challenges along the way with poise
- Strategic thinker with a strong ‘business sense’
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check