Mortgage Loan Review Specialist
As part of our growing team, you’ll work closely with our mortgage underwriters to ensure that we find the most effective solutions for our clients. If you love a fast-paced environment where growth is constant, you’ll fit right in with this team!
Reporting to the VP of Mortgages, the Mortgage Loan Review Specialist is responsible for reviewing the quality of residential mortgage files prior to funding. This includes reviewing documentation, rationale, accuracy, and completeness of information provided in support of a file. The review is supported by established policies, guidelines, and procedures.
What you will be doing:
- You’re ensuring each file complies with the underwriting standards and guidelines prior to funding
- You’re performing a pre-funding review/audit of files and providing approval for funding, or providing observations or findings to the Underwriters
- You’re addressing and overseeing the appropriate corrections of any errors
- You’re ensuring turnaround times, service levels and priorities are met for the timely funding of files
- You’re providing collaborative feedback regarding interpretation of guidelines, policies, and procedures to the Underwriting team
- You’re recommending best practices on Strategic Initiatives and Quality Control, with the goal of improving internal processes and procedures
Who we are looking for:
- You have 2+ years residential underwriting and/or audit or Quality Control/Quality Assurance and/or Loan review experience in the residential mortgage industry
- You have an ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and to perform well in a high volume, high intensity environment
- You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively identify risks, and recommend solutions
- You’re a strong team player who is resourceful and a proactive self-starter, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and concurrent deadlines
- You have a clear understanding of the Mortgage Lending regulations
- You have strong communication skills, written and verbal
- You have the proven ability to foster relationships and the ability to negotiate effectively with intermediaries
- You’re able to understand financial statements and assess financial viability
- You’re self-driven and motivated, with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Be highly organized and have exceptional attention to detail/accuracy
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a business-related field is an asset
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.