Manager, Payment Operations
At Neo, we’re reimagining everyday banking from the ground up and shaping the financial future for millions of people in Canada. We’re a tech company consistently pushing for the next best thing, which provides many opportunities to grow and learn personally and professionally. Ready to materialize your passion into a connected purpose? Come join a high-speed startup in a community of high-achieving dreamers and doers, set on innovating the best solutions.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Manager, Payment Operations to join our team in Calgary, AB. As our next Manager, Payment Operations, you will play a key role in leading a payment operations team to operationalize Neo’s payments products. Using your in-depth knowledge and business driven mindset, you will be a key stakeholder in service evolution and delivery for our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- You build and lead the Payment Operations function in delivering all aspects of business processing, including:
- Secure processing and delivery of customer payments with external FIs
- Incident management and impact assessments (i.e. operational losses and process errors) including investigation, mitigation, recovery and reporting/escalation
- Disputes and chargebacks management
- You define, document, and implement processes and procedures to enable new product lines in collaboration with cross-functional teams including: Product, Technology, Finance, Customer Experience and Compliance
- You act as an escalation point for the Customer Experience team to investigate customer issues related to payments
- You are the subject matter expert for payments operationalization with the responsibility for providing business requirements and ensuring that such requirements comply with regulatory requirements as adopted by Neo.
- You oversee daily reconciliation and financial reporting for the Payments business, while developing and optimizing the process to increase efficiency.
- You lead a small team dedicated to ensuring the best outcomes for customers, Neo’s teams, and our partners.
Who we are looking for:
- You possess a minimum 3 - 5 years of experience building a Payment Operations, Cash Management or Treasury function
- You have experience in the banking industry, and/or experience with modern BaaS companies (such as Stripe or Plaid) is a strong asset.
- You are highly organized, and have effective planning and time management skills.
- You’re a strong problem solver with risk management skills.
- You take ownership over your work, and you have a passion for building a world class payments process.
- You understand the impact of payment processes on the experience of Neo’s customers.
Something looks off?